Appearances by the Rapids organization, including players, coaches, staff and the Rapids mascots throughout Colorado are an essential part of the Colorado Rapids' community outreach efforts. For more information on any of the appearances below or to find out how you can schedule a Colorado Rapids appearance, please call 303.727.3517.
Requesting a Rapids Community Appearance
If you are interested in having a member of the Rapids participate in your event, please complete the Player Appearance Request Form. Although the Rapids are eager to interact with various organizations and fans in the community, their availability due to training, travel and games is limited. Email requests and telephone calls will not be accepted.
- Requests must be received four (4) weeks prior to the event date.
- All requests must be submitted via the Player Appearance Request Form.
Completed request forms must be mailed or faxed to the following:
Colorado Rapids Community Relations Department
Attn: Player Appearances
6000 Victory Way
Commerce City, CO 80022
- Please refer to the Rapids' schedule prior to submitting your request. Player appearances generally last from 60-90 minutes. Players are not available on game days, and "Off" days and no appearances will begin before 2:00 pm due to the daily training schedule. Some of our player appearances that are community-oriented are non-paid appearances. However, many civic organizations offer honorariums to players or offer to make donations to the Rapids Community Care Foundation.
- The Rapids players and coaches are mostly not available during the off-season.
When considering appearance requests, we adhere to the following criteria:
- Clear role for the player in the event (reading to a class, hand out awards, etc.)
- No activities with risk of injury.
- Description of event (not including player appearance). We recommend that your event NOT center around the player's attendance, but rather have them serve as a complement to the overall event.
- NO career days requests will be accepted.
- Number of and approximate age of attendees.
Requests for Coaches and Staff
All appearance and speaking requests for Rapids coaches and staff must be submitted in writing. The Rapids will only consider 501(c)3 organizations for complimentary appearances.
All other requests will be charged an hourly rate for a player/coach, or an equivalent donation to the Rapids Foundation.
Requests for players, coaches and staff will not be considered for individual events such as birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, graduations, anniversaries etc.
Appearances by personnel in this group generally last for an hour. As with player appearances, please note that the Rapids cannot guarantee that every request will be accommodated.
Promotion of Player Appearances
Use of the Colorado Rapids name, logos, trademarks and/or any advertising that implies the support or sponsorship of an event or organization by the Colorado Rapids, Colorado Rapids Community Care Foundation, Kroenke Sports Enterprises, Dick's Sporting Goods Park, or Major League Soccer must be approved in writing by the Colorado Rapids.
Please forward all artwork that features any of the above items before promoting a Rapids player appearance, to the Rapids Community Relations Department for approval. This policy pertains to all forms of advertising, including all printed (ads or flyers), television, and/or radio commercials or advertisements.
Once your request has been reviewed, you will be contacted by a Community Relations representative and learn the status of your request: declined, pending, or accepted. Due to the volume of requests, please allow 2-3 weeks for a response. Please do not contact the Community Relations department to check on the status of a request.
If your request has been accepted, it has been done so in accordance to the information provided in the Player Appearance Request Form. If changes are made after this time, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate the changes.
In order to accommodate as many groups as possible, as a general rule, the Rapids do not make return visits to organizations within a calendar year. Also, an approved appearance does not ensure annual participation by the Rapids. If for any reason we need to cancel an appearance, we will notify your organization as soon as we are aware of an unavoidable conflict.
Guidelines for Successful Appearances
Appearances are a very important part of our organization and we take them seriously. Please review the following list of guidelines to insure that the appearance goes well for everyone:
- Players/coaches can perform a variety of tasks at an event. They may give speeches, demonstrate skills, sign autographs, pose for pictures, lead practices, or read to children. Please be specific on your Player Appearance Request Form.
- Due to the players' busy schedules, we cannot guarantee specific players. Team captains, national team players, and major stars are popular and cannot be at every appearance. Therefore, we cannot always honor specific player requests.
- The Rapids reserve the right to reschedule or cancel an appearance due to an unexpected conflict.
- All supplies/equipment necessary for the appearance must be ready when the player/coach arrives (for example, chairs and tables should already be set up when Rapids arrive).
- In the event of rain or snow, please provide shelter for the player/coach.
- There needs to be a contact person working at the event who must stay with the Rapids player or coach at all times.