Rapids Introduce Fitness For Life Program
The Colorado Rapids are excited to introduce the Fitness for Life program. The Fitness for Life program emphasizes the importance of nutrition and fitness so that kids can focus on living a healthy lifestyle. The program is available for kids in classroom grades 5-8 throughout Metro Denver during the 2011 Major League Soccer season.
Applications will be accepted during the 2011 MLS season and every class that is selected to participate in the program will receive the following:
- Visit from Jaime Rojas, the Rapids Head Trainer, or John Ireland, the Rapids Fitness Coach and/or a Rapids player
- Fitness-based gift for each participant
- Game tickets and/or team merchandise
- Fitness for Life Health Challenge log form
- Fitness for Life Nutrition Facts form
The appearances will be held at various locations with a maximum number of 50 children. Each appearance is one (1) hour, must begin after 2:00pm and will include the following:
- Children will be educated on the magnitude exercise and nutrition plays into living a healthy life and how obesity can lead to many health problems
- Children will participate in a fun fitness activity
- Question and answer session with coach/trainer/player
- Prizes, autographs and much more!
Applications will be accepted throughout the 2011 season. If you have questions contact Marisa Colaiano at 303-727-3517 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kids, participate in Fitness for Life on your own:
- Fitness for Life Health Challenge – Complete the Fitness for Life Health Challenge for a chance to win prizes or game tickets
- Fitness for Life Nutrition Facts form – Fitness for Life nutritional information with puzzles and healthy eating