Last Week to Vote Your Rapids Into the 2008 MLS All-Star Game!
June 27, 2010
COMMERCE CITY CO (ColoradoRapids.com) – Colorado Rapids fans can vote for their favorite Rapids players to help make up the 11 players they would like to see take on English Premier League side West Ham United in the 2008 Pepsi MLS All-Star Game.
Official online balloting is now open until July 2nd giving fans the chance to send their favorite Rapids players to be a part of the MLS All-Star First XI in this year’s game.
The 13th annual MLS midsummer showcase will bring together the best MLS players for a marquee match-up on Thursday July 24 2008 at 5:00pm MT versus West Ham at BMO Field in Toronto.
Fans can vote for their favorite Rapids players for the All-Star First XI online by clicking here.
Fans can select up to one Rapids goalkeeper three Rapids defenders five Rapids midfielders and two Rapids forwards. Fans can vote up to 10 times per day.
By voting online fans will also be automatically entered in the MLSnet.com All-Star Sweepstakes for a chance to win one autographed 2008 MLS All-Star adidas match ball or one of two 2008 MLS All-Star autographed adidas jerseys!
A four-tier voting system will determine the First 11 players selected for the 2008 Pepsi MLS All-Star Game against West Ham United. The online fan balloting program will comprise 25 percent of the total vote with coaches and general managers (25%) players (25%) and media (25%) combining for the remaining 75% percent of the vote.
The total vote will honor the MLS First 11 regardless of whether or not those players start on July 24. Each MLS team nominated twelve (12) players for the ballot at the start of the season.
Voting ends on Wednesday July 2 2008.
This year marks the fifth time that MLS All-Stars have taken on a high-profile international opponent in the midsummer MLS All-Star game. In 2003 the MLS All-Stars defeated Mexican club Chivas of Guadalajara 3-1 and in 2005 they stormed English opponents Fulham 4-1. In 2006 the MLS All-Stars took on English powerhouse Chelsea FC and defeated the West London club 1-0 on a goal from Houston Dynamo’s Dwayne De Rosario. Last year the MLS All-Stars defeated Glasgow Celtic FC 2-0 at the home of the Rapids Dick's Sporting Goods Park in front of a record crowd in one of the most successful MLS All-Star Games in history.
The format of the Sierra Mist All-Star game makes it the most competitive all-star game in American professional sports.
Take time to vote for your Rapids players to make the 2008 MLS All-Star Team and send our boys to Toronto to represent MLS against another of the world's most storied clubs!