Rapids Gain 2005 Third Round Draft Pick In Trade With Wizards
DENVER CO (01-13-05)- The Colorado Rapids gained today a Third Round Draft Pick in tomorrow’s 2005 Major League Soccer SuperDraft after a trade with Kansas City. Prior to this transaction Fernando Clavijo’s team was entering tomorrow’s Draft with only two picks (7th and 43rd overall).
The Rapids traded their Second Round Draft Pick (16th overall) in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft to Kansas City in exchange for two of the Wizards’ Third Round Draft Picks (at the time of this release the 33rd and 36th overall). With this move the Rapids were able to fulfill their draft pick debts to Chicago D.C. and San Jose for transactions that took place during the last two seasons while also securing a Third Round Draft Pick (33rd overall) in tomorrow’s MLS SuperDraft.
Updated Colorado Rapids related draft pick details for tomorrow’s MLS SuperDraft as of 01-13-05 5:00 p.m. (MT):
(16) Kansas City from Colorado (Trade 01-13-05)
(19) D.C. United from Colorado (Discovery for Alberto Delgado 6-29-04)
(31) San Jose from Colorado (Rights to Joe Cannon 08-19-03)
(33) Colorado from KC (Trade 01-13-04)
(36) Chicago from Colorado (Trade for Rey Martinez 06-11-04) Colorado acquired this pick from KC (Trade 01-13-04)
(41) San Jose from Colorado (Rights to Joe Cannon 08-19-03)
Colorado Rapids- Acquires two Third Round Draft Picks (33rd and 36th Overall) in 2005 MLS SuperDraft from Kansas City in exchange for the Rapids’ Second Round Draft Pick (16th overall) in 2005 MLS SuperDraft.