Inside the Numbers: Moor's Streak
Commerce City, Colo. (August 19, 2011) - Drew Moor has played the full 90 minutes in the last 67 consecutive regular season games, which ties the MLS all-time record among field players set by current Sporting KC coach Peter Vermes when he played for the Rapids and then Kansas City from 1998-2000.
Here's a look inside the numbers:
Moor’s streak began on August 6, 2009 as a member of FC Dallas in a 1-0 victory over Houston. He had missed FCD’s previous game on August 1 vs Kansas City while serving a one-game suspension for a red card he received in the 95+ minute of Dalllas’ 4-2 loss at Real Salt Lake on July 24. After the Houston match, he played two more complete games with Dallas before being acquired by the Rapids on August 31. Including his first game with the Rapids , a 1-0 home win over Toronto on September 5, 2009, Moor has played every minute of all 64 regular season game with Colorado through August 13, 2011.
After not starting the first two games of the 2006 season, Moor has started and played the full 90 in 163 of the last 166 regular season games he’s played in - out of a total of 175 possible games (see more below).
- He’s played 14,852 minutes out 14,940 possible minutes in those 166 games.
- He’s played 6,030 consecutive minutes, or 100.5 hours, in the last 67 games.
- He also played every minute of all four post-season matches in 2010: 90, 120, 90, and 120. However this streak is based only on regular season games therefore the playoff matches are not included.
The nine games he did not start since game #3 of 2006 were due to:
Four for discipline:
- Sept. 2, 2006 vs HOU – yellow card accumulation.
- March 30, 2008 vs CHV – had received a red card in his last playoff match in 2007.
- Sept. 13, 2008 at DC – yellow card accumulation.
- Aug. 1, 2009 vs KC – red card vs RSL on 7/24.
Three while with the U.S. Men's National Team:
- June 30, 2007 vs HOU while at Copa America
- July 4, 2007 vs CHV while at Copa America
- June 21, 2008 at NY while at WCQ at Barbados
Two for coach's decisions:
- Sept 9, 2006 at CHV
- Sept 16, 2006 vs CHV
The three games he did NOT play 90 during this stretch:
- July 29, 2006: started and played 27 before rolling his ankle, was replaced by Alex Yi. Dallas defeated Colorado 4-1.
- August 19, 2007: started and played 74 before being replaced by forward Abe Thompson in 1-0 loss at Houston.
- September 20, 2007: started and played 81 before being replaced by forward Dominic Oduro in 1-1 tie with Chicago.
- NOTE: although he received a red card at RSL on July 24, 2009 – in the 95+ minute – the official MLS statistics list him as having played 90 since he was not replaced.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Moor holds the Colorado Rapids record for consecutive games started and played with 64. Chris Klein is the all-time MLS record-holder for consecutive games played (141 from 2005-2009) and consecutive games started (118 from 2005-2009). While Moor and Vermes are tied for the longest consecutive complete games played for field players at 67, four goalkeepers hold the top spots:
Consecutive Compete Games Played: