Rapids welcome Colorado Olympians home from London
(L-R: Corey Cogdell, Kelsey Campbell, Dennis Bowsher, David Herman, Lance Brooks, Janay DeLoach, Missy Franklin, Rapids President Tim Hinchey)
Commerce City, Colo. - The Rapids 3-0 win on Wedneday night gave fans plenty to cheer about, but perhaps the biggest ovations came for the seven Colorado athletes that competed at the 2012 London Olympics who were recognized at halftime of the match.
The Colorado Olympians that represented the United States in the summer Olympics received standing ovations from the crowd and their own personalized Rapids jersey with the #12 to recognize their efforts at the games.
In attendance were:
- Dennis Bowsher from Colorado Springs, who competed in the modern pentathlon.
- Kelsey Campbell, a wrestler from Colorado Springs.
- David Herman, a BMX rider from Wheat Ridge.
- Corey Cogdell, trap shooter from Colorado Springs (won Bronze at 2008 Olympics)
- Lance Brooks, discus throw, from Denver.
- Janay DeLoach, Bronze Medal winner in the long jump from Fort Collins.
- Missy Franklin, winner of four Gold Medals and one Bronze in swimming from Centennial.
Congratulations once again to all the athletes who gave their all at the 2012 London Olympics and welcome back to Colorado after representing the United States in the summer games!
Misssy Franklin and her friends have fun at the Rapids game (Watch on Youtube)