The XI most important things we learned from Tim Hinchey's Reddit AMA
Colorado Rapids President Tim Hinchey hosted an AMA (Ask Me Anything) through the MLS Subreddit on Thursday afternoon and dropped a few interesting tidbits.
Questions ranged from when will Dick's Sporting Goods Park have milk available to the looming coaching vacancy, and Hinchey approached them all openly and honestly.
Read the full transcript here.
1. At the moment, the Colorado Rapids have not interviewed any coaches. Hinchey stated that the club is confident in the current soccer ops staff's ability to lead the club forward "while we start the formal search."
2. Martin Rivero will not return to the club in 2014, and Hendry Thomas's return is still up in the air.
2. The Colorado Rapids are not partnering with the USL Pro team in Colorado Springs and the Rapids had zero to do with bringing the Switchbacks to Colorado.
3. The Rapids 2014 home kit is scheduled to be revealed on March 19. The new home kit will be revealed after the Rapids season opener but just before the home opener with a sneak peek scheduled in early March.
4. Speculation around MLS switching to a winter schedule has been a big topic of conversation as of late but Tim Hinchey is not a fan of the shift.
5. The Rapids are taking cues from C38 on improving the culture at DSGP.
6. Phase one of the plans to build out around DSGP include an indoor soccer facility, and perhaps a couple of bars.
7. There are currently no summer friendlies scheduled at DSGP due to a break for World Cup and the World Lacrosse Championships that will be held at the park.
8. Speaking on the Charles Eloundou situation, Hinchey explained that the club decided to hold out for the Cameroonian forward because "he's an amazing talent".
9. Thanks to a partnership with FairLife, milk will be available at DSGP on Family Nights.
10. The Rapids have met with RTD concerning transport to and from DSGP and the club "plan to work on a shuttle system".
11. Hinchey describes the lack of a shirt sponsor as his biggest challenge thus far, indicated the club has turned down some offers, and that the club has hired a firm to help secure a shirt deal.
What did you think of Tim Hinchey's AMA? Are there any questions you'd like to see answered? Be sure to follow Tim on Twitter.