Hometown: Montevideo, Uruguay
Birth date: December 7, 1979
Previous club: Nacional (Uruguay)
Acquired: On August 6, 2013 from Uruguayan club, Nacional
- Joined the Rapids as an international player, but since has gained his green card and no longer takes up an international slot.
- Started 12 of his 17 appearances for the Rapids, missing a number of games with injuries.
- Last season Sánchez was bothered by injuries that limited him to 17 appearances (12 starts), but he was still able to score six goals (mostly from pk’s).
- Appeared in eight of nine remaining matches in the season after being signed on Aug. 6.
- Scored his first MLS goal on Sept. 14 against FC Dallas, and created the play that led to a Dallas own goal in the 2-1 victory.
- Rose to prominence during his seven years with Toluca of the Mexican First Division from 2001-2007, playing 242 matches, 85 goals.
- Helped Toluca win two championships in Mexico (Apertura 2002 and Apertura 2005).
- Played 50 games with Schalke of the German Bundesliga from 2008-10, scoring three goals.
- Spent 2010-2012 with Club América, scoring 11 times in 49 appearances.
- Has 31 appearances with Uruguay’s national team, scoring five goals since his debut in 2001.
- Scored goals for Uruguay in both the 2004 and 2007 editions of the Copa América.