Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina
College: Elon University
Birth date: April 1, 1989
Acquired: Signed by the Rapids on February 21, 2013
Has started 56 games for the Rapids in two years with the club, recording 17 shutouts.
- Started 25 of his 26 appearances, logging 2,336 minutes in his second year with Colorado, with seven clean sheets.
- Missed the first three games of the season after sustaining an injury in the team’s final match of preseason.
- Had a stellar year in his first MLS season, recording 10 shutouts that tied a previous record (Joe Cannon) for most season shutouts. Five of those shutouts came in his first 10 career starts.
- Played in 32 games (31 starts)
- His 14 wins in goal were the most for a Rapids goalkeeper since Marcus Hahnemann appeared in 16 winning games in 1998.
- Named Rapids fan favorite in end-of-season online voting.
- Trained with Everton in England for 10 days in December, 2013.
- Attended Elon University in North Carolina where he was named first-team all-Southern Conference in each of his four seasons.
- Holds the school record with 22 career shutouts and set a single-season record with 10 clean sheets in 2009.
- Was a two-time all-South Region honoree and a finalist for the senior class award for activities of achievement in community, classroom, character and competition.
- All-America selection and national player of the year in the National Christian School Athletic Association.
- After being selected by and spending the preseason with New England in 2011, he went on to play professional soccer in Canada with Capital City F.C. in Ottawa and then in the U.S. with the Charlotte Eagles in USL PRO in 2012.
- Chosen as the 2006 North Carolina youth player of the year by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
- Is a talented writer and has contributed articles to ColoradoRapids.com and SportsIllustrated.com.