Hometown: Woodbury, MN
College: Creighton University
Birth date: January 15, 1993
Acquired: Joined from Montreal Impact on February 14, 2016 in exchange for general allocation money and the Rapids’ natural first-round pick in the 2018 MLS SuperDraft.
- Scored the own goal at New York Red Bulls (3/11), which gave the home side a 1-0 win.
- Absent from the 18 to face Minnesota United FC (3/18) due to a hamstring injury. He had started the previous 15 regular season games, a career-high, and had not missed a game since July 16, when ruled out through suspension.
- Miller showed himself to be a versatile and valuable asset to the Rapids very early on, slotting in along the back line in various positions.
- He started six of the first eight games, but then found playing time limited due to the form of those in front of him.
- After being sent off for the first time in his MLS career, during the dramatic 2-2 tie at Vancouver Whitecaps FC (7/9), Miller did not return to the starting lineup until August 6 and the 2-0 home win over the Whitecaps, in which he tallied his only assist of the regular season.
- From that game on August 6, Miller started and played the 90 minutes of the remaining 13 games.
- He made his 50th appearance in MLS on September 17 and the 0-0 tie at home to San Jose Earthquakes.
- Miller ended the regular season with his longest unbroken run of games (13). His previous high was seven, achieved during the 2014 season when at Montreal Impact.
- He made more appearances, starts and played more minutes than in either of his previous seasons in MLS, going over 20 starts and 2,000 minutes for the first time in his career.
- Restricted to just nine appearances, including six starts, for only 517 minutes.
- His final start and appearance of 2015 came on 9/19 in a 3-0 home win for Montreal Impact over New England Revolution.
- Miller also spent time on loan at USL affiliate FC Montreal, starting one game in two appearances.
- Signed as a Generation adidas member on January 2.
- Drafted in the first round by the Impact, fifth overall, in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft, on January 16.
- Played 21 regular season games, including 18 starts, and 1,646 minutes in his first MLS season.
- Made his debut on March 8 in Dallas.
- Recorded his first career assist on June 29, in Houston.
- Started one CONCACAF Champions League game.
- Also started two MLS Reserve League games, including one start.
- Called into the January camp for the senior USA side in 2016. He was an unused substitute in the USA's 3-2 international friendly win over Iceland on January 31, 2016.
- In 2015, selected to play for the U-23 MNT in the prestigious Toulon Tournament in France and the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying tournament.
- However, injuries foiled his big international opportunities. He sustained a hamstring injury while playing for Montreal just a week before the Toulon Tournament in 2015, and suffered a groin injury just one day prior to the start of Olympic qualifying.
- He finished 2015 with four starts and appearances for the U-23s, including two friendlies against Brazil in November.
- A year earlier, Miller was selected by the United States U-23 team to take part in a friendly match against Brazil.
- Played with the U-20 and U-18 US national selections, taking part in the 2013 Toulon Tournament and the 2013 FIFA U20 World Cup in Turkey.
- Named to the second team all-Great Lakes region in 2013 after starting 23 of 24 games in midfield with Creighton University
- Played three college seasons, recording four goals and four assists in 63 games, including 62 starts, while leading his team to the College Cup playoffs in 2011 and 2012.
- Recorded two goals and one assist in six regular season games with the Portland Timbers U23s in the PDL, leading the team to the second round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and to the PDL Western Conference final.
- Scored one goal in six regular season games with the Portland Timbers U23s in the PDL.
- Also played 90 minutes in the playoffs and participated in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
- Played club soccer for the Minnesota Thunder Academy and Bangu Tsunami.
- Member of the Minnesota ODP and Region II ODP Team.
- Tabbed the Minnesota Gatorade Player of the Year and Minnesota Mr. Soccer as a senior, after scoring 15 goals and adding 16 assists.
- Twice named First Team all-state and all-region.
- Son of Mike and Susan Miller.
- Has one brother, Matt, and one sister, Stephanie.
- His grandfather, Jim, played college football at the University of Wisconsin.
- Majored in economics.