Hometown: Panama City, Panama
Birth date: October 31, 1988
Last club: Zamora FC (Venezuela)
Acquired: Signed August 8, 2013, as the first designated player in club history.
- Panama international Torres had his best season for the Rapids, playing more games, starting more games, playing more minutes, scoring more goals and contributing more assists than in 2014 - his only other full season with the club.
- His four goals came in a five-game spell, the last of which came at LA Galaxy on May 2.
- He missed matches in July, while helping Panama to third place at the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Started 11 of 23 appearances, scoring three goals and contributing one assist.
- His goals came against Chivas USA (7/25), FC Dallas (8/9) and San Jose Earthquakes (9/27).
- Sat out much of the beginning of the season while trying to work himself into the squad.
- Became the Rapids’ first-ever designated player before appearing in all but two of the remaining games for the season, and those were because of duty with the national team of Panama.
- Scored his first goal in Major League Soccer on October 5 in the 5-1 rout of Seattle Sounders.
- Scored two of the Rapids three goals in a 3-2 win over Vancouver October 17, which eventually earned him MLS Player of the Week honors.
- Began his professional career with Panamanian club Chepo F.C., where he played in 94 matches and scored 31 goals between 2003-2009.
- Was loaned to two Panamanian clubs and two Colombian sides between 2005-2009. Scored 21 goals in 35 games for San Francisco F.C. and 16 goals in 22 games for La Equidad (both Panama) and scored 14 goals in 21 games for América de Cali and 12 goals in 18 games for Atlético Huila (both Colombia).
- Starred for Zamora FC of Venezuela’s first division during the 2012-13 season, where he scored 21 goals in helping the club win its first championship.
- Has made 50 appearances for Panama, scoring nine goals.
- Scored five goals in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, including both goals against Mexico in a 2-1 win in the group stage.
- Played in Panama’s 2014 World Cup Qualifiers, scoring against Honduras in a 2-2 draw on Sept. 13, 2013.