Hometown: Statesville, North Carolina
College: Wake Forest
Birth Date: February 3, 1992
Acquired: Selected by the Rapids with the 33rd overall selection (second round) of the 2014 MLS SuperDraft.
- Had a solid rookie season, starting 13 of his 17 appearances.
- Made his MLS debut on 3/29 against defending MLS Cup champions, Sporting Kansas City, playing the full 90 minutes.
- Had one assist in his rookie season, directing a header into the path of Dillon Serna for his spectacular volley at D.C. United (August 17).
- Pressed into service following injuries to central defenders Drew Moor and Shane O’Neill, but filled in admirably.
- Sustained a hamstring injury during the 4-3 home loss to LA Galaxy (Aug. 20), and sat out the next six games.
- Originally arrived as a defensive midfielder but played as a central defender.
- Played for both the U-17 and U-20 youth national teams.
- Captain of the U.S. U-17 squad at the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Nigeria.
- As defensive midfielder at Wake Forest University, Watts was selected to the All-ACC first team for three consecutive seasons.
- Contributed five goals and 10 assists in his four years with the Demon Deacons.
- Ranked as the 17th best recruit in the country in the class of 2010, according to Top Drawer Soccer.
- Named an NSCAA/adidas Youth All-American in 2008 and 2009.