Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio
Birth date: May 7, 1984
College: University of Maryland
Acquired: Selected by the Colorado Rapids with the 11th pick in Stage 1 of the 2013 Re-Entry Draft.
- Joined the Rapids for the first time in 2014 after previous playing with the Seattle Sounders and D.C. United.
- Started in 21 of the 22 games as a defender for the Rapids, contributing three assists on the attacking end.
- Scored one of the goals of the year, a powerful freekick during the 4-3 home defeat to LA Galaxy (August 20). This was his first goal in MLS since April 29, 2011, when at D.C. United.
- Contributed a career-high four assists for Seattle, Sounders, starting 19 of 29 games played.
- Selected by Seattle in re-entry draft, Dec. 12, 2011, and then appeared in a career high 29 MLS matches, fourth most on the team.
- Made 17 appearances and 11 starts for D.C. United, logging 1,117 minutes. Scored third career goal in loss at Houston.
- Came back from injury after four starts and played for D.C. United in the U.S. Open Cup semifinal vs. Columbus, but re-aggravated his foot injury and missed the remainder of the season.
- Started 25 matches and played 2,174 minutes for D.C. United, the most in his MLS career in both categories.
- Continued his strong performance for D.C. United in the back line played in all but two matches at left back for D.C. United while also contributing three assists to the offense.
- Scored two goals for D.C. United in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, both free kicks in the 2-0 win over Rochester.
- Was traded to D.C. United for a 2008 supplemental third-round draft pick and became starter at left back after having previously been a striker. Scored first career goal in 4-1 win over Toronto.
- Selected in the second round (24th overall) in the 2006 MLS SuperDraft by the Los Angeles Galaxy, before being traded to the Columbus Crew in July.
Scored the game-winning goal that secured the national championship for University of Maryland against New Mexico. Previously played at the University of Evansville and was all-Missouri Valley conference pick for three years before transferring.