Hometown: Örebro, Sweden
Birth date: December 24, 1990
Acquired: Via trade from Minnesota United FC on March 31, 2017.
- Started three of Minnesota's first four games, playing 243 minutes for the Loons.
- The only match he was not involved in was the 2-2 tie at Colorado on March 18.
- Upon arriving in Colorado, the midfielder had yet to score in MLS, in 53 previous appearances (45 starts).
- Made his Rapids debut in the 2-1 home loss to Real Salt Lake (4/15). He had missed the trip to Sporting KC (4/9) due to a calf injury, but came off the bench after 32 minutes to replace the injured Nana Boateng against RSL.
- Selected No. 6 overall by Minnesota United FC in the 2016 Expansion Draft.
- Prior to being taken by Minnesota, Saeid made 25 appearances (24 starts) for Columbus Crew SC, registering five assists in 2,016 minutes.
- He made a total of 50 regular season appearances for Columbus Crew SC.
- Suffered two broken bones in his back after colliding with Luke Mulholland of Real Salt Lake on May 28. Unaware of the damage at the time, he started the next game, against Philadelphia Union, just four days later. Went to a doctor, who diagnosed the extent of the injury and fitted him with a brace, allowing him to continue playing after the Copa Centenario break.
- Finished his first season in MLS with 18 starts (25 appearances), during which time he tallied one assist across 1,590 minutes.
- He also made two appearances during the playoffs, including in the MLS Cup loss to Portland Timbers. Saeid played the last 12 minutes, as a replacement for Justin Meram.
- His first assist in MLS came in the 5-0 home win over D.C. United on October 25.
- Sent off for the first time in MLS after 33 minutes of the 2-0 loss at San Jose Earthquakes on May 16.
- Made his MLS debut for Columbus Crew SC on March 14, in place of the suspended Tony Tchani, playing 76 minutes of the 2-0 home win over Toronto FC.
- Joined Columbus Crew SC after his contract at Örebro SK expired at the end of the previous year.
- A product of the West Bromwich Albion academy in England, Saeid went back to his native Sweden to start his professional career.
- The left-footed central midfielder spent three seasons with BK Forward of the Swedish third tier, from 2009-11, before moving on to Örebro SK for another three seasons.
- Two of the three seasons (2012 and 2014) at Örebro SK were spent in the Allsvenskan, the top level in Sweden.
- Swedish-born of Eritrean descent, Saeid scored 15 goals in 124 appearances during his time in Sweden.