COMMERCE CITY COLO. (ColoradoRapids.com) - Fresh off their midweek draw against FC Dallas your Rapids head West this weekend to take on another Western Conference foe as they travel to Seattle to take on the Sounders this Sunday.
Sunday's match kicks off at 2:00pm MT and the match will be televised in English on Universal Sports and the MLS Direct Kick package. Universal Sports is available on NBC Affiliate KUSA-TV over-the-air on channel 9.3 and on Comcast channel 250 in Denver and the surrounding areas.
This will be the second and final meeting this season between these 2 sides in league play. In their last meeting the two clubs drew 2-2 on May 23 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in the first-ever match between the Rapids and Sounders in league history.
Coming off their draw vs. FC Dallas on Wednesday Colorado are looking to pick up some more valuable road points before returning to the friendly confines of Dick's Sporting Goods Park next weekend for their huge 4th of July match.
The Rapids are currently riding an eight-game unbeaten streak and will look to continue their fine form on the road this Sunday.
Colorado currently occupy the #4 spot in the West with a record of 5-2-6 for 21 points.
Seattle sit just 1 point ahead of the Rapids in the standings in the #3 spot in the West with a record of 5-3-7 for 22 points having played 2 more games than Colorado on the season thus far.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Colorado will look to close out their second consecutive month of unbeaten play on Sunday.
- Omar Cummings and Conor Casey have teamed to become the most prolific strike duo in MLS this season. The two Rapids forwards have combined for 14 goals and seven assists in just 13 games. The duo’s efforts have also moved Colorado atop the MLS charts for goals per game at 1.62.
- Sunday’s contest should be a match-up of MLS offensive heavyweights as Colorado and Seattle both have scored 21 goals (T-2nd in league) and have 25 assists (T-1st in league) so far this season.
- The Rapids have two players (Casey and Cummings) in the top four of MLS goalscorers while also having three players (Mehdi Ballouchy Cummings and Colin Clark) in the top three of MLS assist leaders.
- The Rapids have gotten off to one of the best starts in the club’s 14-year history having only suffered two losses through the first 13 games of the 2009 season. Prior to this year the longest Colorado had gone into any season before picking up their third loss was 10 games (tied - 1999 and 2007).
- Following the Rapids' 1-1 draw with FC Dallas on June 24 Colorado set a new franchise mark for a regular season unbeaten streak. The Rapids are currently riding an eight game unbeaten streak that has seen the team go 3-0-5 since their last loss on April 19 in an 0-1 match at Houston.
-Prior to this unbeaten run the longest unbeaten streak in the team’s 14-year history was seven games in the 1999 and 2003 season. In 1999 the Rapids went 7-0-0 between April 10 and May 27 before suffering a loss. In 2003 Colorado were 4-0-3 from August 16 to October 1 before their next loss. The Rapids' current unbeaten streak is the second longest in MLS; the Houston Dynamo are on an 11 game unbeaten streak.
For the full match preview of this game visit the Colorado Rapids' Official Match-Up Page featuring interactive projected lineups insider game notes head-to-head stats and the latest injury and suspension reports by click here!
RAPIDS OFFICIAL AWAY-GAME VIEWING PARTY DETAILS FOR THIS MATCH:
WHERE: GB Fish & Chips located at 1311 South Broadway in Denver
WHEN: This Sunday June 28; kickoff is at 2:00p.m. MT. GB will also show the USA vs. Brazil Confederations Cup Final match starting at 12:30! Get there early to reserve a seat!
WHO: Open and free for fans of all ages to attend!
The Rapids look forward to seeing all fans for the official away-game viewing party! Don't forget to wear your burgundy!