This marks the second year in a row that the Rapids have opened the season with a home contest. Last year Colorado opened Dick’s Sporting Goods Park with a 2-1 victory over DC United.
Fox Soccer Channel and high definition television pioneer HDNet will broadcast the Rapids-Galaxy match. Along with its pre- and post-game shows and the New England Revolution versus Houston Dynamo game this edition of MLS Saturday on FSC will provide fans an unprecedented five-hour fix of their domestic league.
Each of the 14 MLS clubs will play 30 regular season games over 31 weeks for a total of 210 matches from March 29 - Oct. 26. Each team will play each other twice (home and away) for 26 games. The remaining four games will be played against different intra-conference teams (two home and two away) with consideration given to rivalries.
Every MLS regular season game will be televised either through national or regional broadcasts and MLSnet.com. The Rapids local television schedule will be released soon. Rapids fans will also be able to follow the club on their Spanish radio broadcast 1150-AM La Buena Onda.
Additional 2008 schedule highlights include:
• The MLS’s newest expansion team the San Jose Earthquakes come to Colorado on April 19.
• The Rapids will be showcased on ESPN2 as part of MLS Primetime Thursday two times during the season when they host Real Salt Lake on May 15 and on September 4 against FC Dallas.
• Back-to-back MLS champions the Houston Dynamo visit Dick’s Sporting Goods Park twice June 21 and October 4.
• Colorado’s biggest and best fireworks show will be back for a 13th edition when the Rapids host the New York Red Bulls on July 4th.
• A tough stretch of six road games in eight weeks from July 12 to September 4 capped by a three-game road swing.
• A season finale clash with Rocky Mountain Cup rivals Real Salt Lake on October 25.
Single game tickets for the 2008 season will go on sale Saturday February 23 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets will be available for purchase at the Dick's Sporting Goods Park Box Office via phone by calling 1-866-461-6556 or online at ColoradoRapids.com. Single game tickets start at just $12 for all Rapids home games. Information on all ticket prices and single game promotions can be found on the team's website.
Thursday Oct. 30 - Sunday Nov. 2 TBD
Thursday Nov. 6 - Sunday Nov. 9 TBD
Thursday Nov. 13 - Sunday Nov. 16 TBD
Sunday Nov. 23 1:30 pm at Home Depot Center TV: ABC/TeleFutura