Commerce City, Colo. (June 6, 2011) - The Colorado Rapids Reserves will reach the halfway point of the season on Tuesday morning when they face the Houston Dynamo Reserves at Robertson Stadium in Houston, Texas.
The string of injuries that has hit the Rapids this season has made fielding reserve teams a challenge, and new faces will join the group for Tuesday's match. Three players from the Real Colorado Foxes - Mike Lind, Kyle Christenson, and Sterling Copeland - will add depth to the traveling squad that includes 10 members of the 30-man Rapids roster.
The Foxes, which play in the United Soccer League's (USL) Premier Developement League, recently qualified for their first-ever Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and will host the DV8 Defenders (U.S. Adult Soccer Association team from California) in the First Round of the Tournament on June 14 at Shea Stadium in Highlands Ranch.
The MLS Reseve League is divided into three conferences of six teams each based on location. The Rapids, with a record of 0-3-1, play each team in the Central Division once at home and once on the road. The other Central Division teams are: Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Salt Lake, and Kansas City.
- Davy Armstrong is unavailable after sustaining a concussion during a training session last week
- Joseph Nane is also out with a shoulder injury
- Brian Mullan, who has served eight of his 10-game suspension, will be returning to Houston for the first time since being acquired by the Rapids from the Dynamo last summer.
- Scott Palguta scored the game-winning goal at Houston on May 4 at Roberston Stadium as the Rapids won 2-1.
- Academy players Ricardo Perez and James Rogers will be looking to play in their 4th Reserve League game of the year.