Commerce City, Colo. - The 2012 regular season is not quite a third of the way through. But since the Rapids have played an even 10 of 34 matches, we're taking an informal poll from fans to see who you think has been the best performer so far. First some notes:
- With a record of 5-5-0, the team currently sits 8th overall. In other words, only seven teams have more points while 11 have fewer points than the Rapids.
- The team's 15 goals have been scored by eight different players, which ties Salt Lake, Montreal, and San Jose for the most diverse offense early on (yes, we know RSL has played two more games).
- Nine of those goals have been scored by players new to the team this season (Castrillon 3, Hill 3, Cascio 2, Rivero 1; plus Cummings 3, Larentowicz 1, Moor 1, Amarikwa 1)
- 11 players have played more than half of the total minutes (all on the poll to the right, plus Hill, who has played the most off the bench).
- Six of those players have started all 10 games; seven have appeared in all of them (Cascio came off the bench once)
- The team has posted four shutouts, and has been shutout twice.
- We're 2-3-0 against the West, and 3-2-0 against the East.