Commerce City, Colo. - The Rapids reached milestone statistic in Wednesday's 3-0 home win over Portland when Jaime Castrillon scored the club's 700th regular season goal in team history. The victory was also the club's 200th all-time. Take another look at Goal #700 above and a recap of all seven 'century' goals below:
- April 18, 1998: Wolde Harris scored on a penalty kick in the 83' of 3-3 tie with DC United at RFK Stadium on goalkeeper Scott Garlick.
- It was Harris’ first goal of the year and the Rapids sixth goal of 1998 season, which came in the 68th regular season game in team history
- Harris’ goal tied the game at 3-3 with seven minutes to play, though DC ended up winning the shootout. Wolde had his shootout attempt saved which clinched the extra point for DC.
- He had entered for Chris Martinez in the 81'.
- April 22, 2000: Jorge Dely Valdes scored the Rapids first goal of a 3-2 win over Columbus at Crew Stadium, tying the game at 1-1 with an unassisted goal in the 10' on goalkeeper Mark Dougherty.
- It was Dely Valdes’ third goal of the season and the Rapids’ sixth goal of the 2000 season in the 134th regular season game in team history.
- July 24, 2002: Chris Henderson took a pass from John Spencer (and Robin Frazer) and scored to give Colorado the 1-0 lead in the 34' against New England on goalkeeper Juergen Sommer.
- The Rapids went on to win the game 3-2 at Gillette Stadium.
- It was Henderson’s ninth goal of the year and the team’s 27th goal of 2002 season. It was the 206th regular season game in team history.
- Interestingly, Wolde Harris, who had been traded to New England, started and played 74 minutes for Revolution that day.
- June 18, 2005: Jeff Cunningham scored his third of the night in the 78' on a pass from Dan Gargan on goalkeeper Brad Guzan in the Rapids 3-1 win over Chivas USA at The Home Depot Center.
- It was Cunningham’s eigth goal of the season and the team’s 15th goal of 2005 season. It was the 288th regular season game in team history.
- Wolde Harris was back with the Rapids and replaced Cunningham in the 82;.
- May 4, 2008: Facundo Erpen scored his only goal of the season in the 72' (from Terry Cooke and Christian Gomez) in 2-0 win over DC United and goalkeeper Zach Wells at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
- Erpen’s goal was the second of the game, and 10th Rapids goal of 2008 season. It was the 374th regular season game in team history.
- August 28th, 2010: Omar Cummings scored the second goal of the game in the 16' (from Conor Casey and Pablo Mastroeni) as the Rapids defeated Houston 3-0 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. In goal for Houston was Pat Onstad.
- It was Cummings’ sixth goal of the year and the Rapids’ 24th goal of 2010 season, coming in the club’s 469th regular season game.
- September 5, 2012: Kamani Hill's 86' corner kick was headed back across the goal mouth by Drew Moor, where Jaime Castrillon leaped to head in the final goal of the 3-0 win over the Portland Timbers at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. In goal for Portland was Donovan Ricketts.
- It was Castrillon's team-leading seventh goal of the season and Colorado's 36th of the year in the 28th game of 2012. This was the club's 520th regular season game, and 200th regular season victory.