Colorado Rapids midfiedler Dillon Powers became the latest athlete playing in a Denver-area professional sports team to claim his league's Rookie of the Year honors, following the likes of the Avalanche's Gabriel Londeskog, Broncos Von Miller, and Rockies Jason Jennings.
- Watch: Powers talks about honor in Google + Hangout
- Watch: Powers' Goals in 2013
- In Good Company: Powers joins special groups of MLS Rookies
Below are the other Colorado sports teams' Rookies of the Year in their respective sports:
Denver Broncos (National Football League)
- Mike Croel - Defensive - (1991)
- Mike Anderson - Offensive - (2000)
- Clinton Portis - Offensive - (2002)
- Von Miller - Defensive - (2011)
Colorado Avalanche (National Hockey League)
- Chris Drury (1999)
- Gabriel Landeskog (2012)
- Also, Peter Forsberg (1995) and Peter Stastny (1991) were NHL Rookies of the Year as a members of the Quebec Nordiques, which later re-located to Colorado and became the Avalance.
- David Thompson (1975) won Rookie of the Year while the Nuggets were part of the American Basketball Association before the ABA merged with the National Basketball Association in 1976.
Colorado Rockies (Major League Baseball)
Denver Mammoth (National Lacrosse League)
Denver Outlaws (Major League Lacrosse)