It's a long way until March 15.
With preseason just getting underway, any player with ailments or injuries will be given plenty of time to fully recover before taking part in full contact sessions.
As such, a handful of players watched Wednesday's first preseason session from the sidelines.
- Brian Mullan - Will have his right knee scoped on Thursday to alieve some of the pain he's experienced.
- Danny Mwanga - Recovering from offseason sports hernia surgery.
- Brentron Griffiths - Not cleared for contact following offseason shoulder surgery.
- Davy Armstrong - Not cleared for training as he continues recovering from surgery on a torn ACL.
- Dillon Powers - Ongoing tendonitis on his knees, which he played through last year. Not cleared from last season's concussion.
Chris Klute and Shane O'Neill also sat out and will be slowly brought back into the fold after returning from a three-week training camp with the U.S. Men's National Team. Deshorn Brown worked out inside after returning from Barcelona, Spain on Tuesday night.