1. This will be the first meeting between Houston Dynamo and Colorado Rapids in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
2. The Dynamo will be a 19th different opponent in this competition.
3. The sides met in the league at BBVA Compass Stadium back in March, with the Rapids registering their third successive 0-0 draw.
Colorado Rapids will travel to Houston Dynamo on Tuesday, June 30 for their Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 encounter, kickoff 6:30 p.m MT.
This will be the first meeting of the two clubs in the competition's history, and now means the Rapids face three road games in a row (with back-to-back MLS games at Orlando City and Sporting Kansas City).
Colorado Rapids eased into the last 16 of the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup with a comprehensive 4-1 win over Colorado Springs Switchbacks on Tuesday night.
The MLS outfit controlled the game throughout. They led 2-0 at the interval thanks to Dominique Badji’s sidefoot finish from an astute pass by captain Sam Cronin. Then Joe Greenspan crowned his debut by heading in Dillon Serna’s free-kick.
An audio stream of Colorado Rapids vs. Colorado Springs Switchbacks will be available from 7:00 p.m MT by clicking one of the links below.
There will be commentary throughout the first and second half, with a break for the halftime interval. Coverage will resume moments before the second period is due to get underway.
Should extra-time and penalties be required, then that will be covered in its entirety.
A little piece of history will be made at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on Tuesday night. For the first time, Colorado Rapids will play a competitive fixture against a side from their own state.
The opponents are the Colorado Springs Switchbacks of the USL and the occasion is the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup fourth round. For the only MLS team whose geographical reference is their state, not their city, it is a significant moment on a micro and macro scale.
Colorado Rapids face new USL franchise Colorado Springs Switchbacks at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Tuesday night in the fourth round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, kickoff 7:00 p.m (TICKETS).
It will be the first time that the Rapids will have met a team from Colorado in a competitive fixture.
For those unable to get along to the game, there will be a live audio stream on ColoradoRapids.com.
1. Colorado Rapids played their first Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup match against Kansas City Wiz at Arrowhead Stadium on September 15, 1996, winning 3-2.
2. Chris Henderson scored twice in that game, including the Rapids' first-ever goal in the competition.
3. Among the Rapids players in that first-ever Open Cup match was Steve Trittschuh - now head coach of Colorado Springs Switchbacks.
The Colorado Rapids announced today the ticket information for their 2015 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round matchup against the Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC of the USL at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. The game is scheduled for Tuesday, June 16 at 7:00 p.m. MT.
The Switchbacks FC advanced to the Fourth Round after defeating Real Monarchs SC 1-0 on Wednesday night at Rio Tinto Stadium. After eight games, Colorado Springs (4-4-0) sits in eighth place of the USL Western Conference with 12 points.