2016-17 Development Academy Season
Teams will be formed for the 2016-17 season through a variety of evaluation methods. We will evaluate players using scouting of games, scouting of Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club tryouts and through invitational training sessions.
2016-17 Age Eligibility—US Soccer Development Academy
- U12 – born on or after January 1, 2004
- U13 – born on or after January 1, 2003
- U14 – born on or after January 1, 2002
- U16 – born on or after January 1, 2000
- U18 – born on or after January 1, 1998
*Please note that US Soccer’s Development Academy assigns the age group names differently than US Youth Soccer (Colorado Soccer Association). Players should plan for tryouts by the year they were born, not the label on the age group.
2016-17 Evaluation Opportunities
- U12, U13 and U14—We will evaluate players born in 2002 or later at the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club tryouts held May 31, June 1 and June 2. We will also invite prospective players to training sessions before and after the CRYSC tryout dates as appropriate. Players in other Development Academy programs (Rush and Real) as well as players from clubs who have been selected to participate in the U12, U13 and U14 DA local league (Pride, Storm, FC Boulder and Arsenal) are not eligible to participate in evaluation sessions until after May 15.
- U16 and U18—We will invite prospective players to June training sessions as appropriate. Players in other Development Academy programs (Rush and Real) are not eligible to participate in the June training sessions and may not have in person evaluations until after July 1. The final evaluation opportunity for this age group will be at the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club high school tryouts July 18/19. CRYSC tryout information can be found here.
*Please note that outside players may not participate in training sessions with our Development Academy or Youth Soccer Club teams during the current competitive season without the permission of their home club.
Players interested in joining the Rapids Development Academy teams should fill out the form below: