Overview of the Tournament
The Colorado Rapids and Transamerica are now accepting applications for the inaugural Transamerica Cup. The tournament hosts 32 teams from across the country from 2005 and 2004 girls and boys age groups.
Enjoy a weekend of soccer at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. Registration for the 2017 Transamerica Cup includes a ticket to the Rapids July 1st match for all players and coaching staff.
- Dates: July 1 – July 3, 2017
- Location: Dick’s Sporting Goods Park 6000 Victory Way Commerce City, Colorado 80022
- Application Payment Deadline: Applications and participating teams will be accepted on a rolling basis until tournament is filled.
- Event Cost: $550
Overview of the Weekend
The inaugural Transamerica Cup is a weekend long soccer destination full of events and activities to be held on June 30 – July 4, 2017.
The weekend events include: a 2005 and 2004 Girls & Boys Youth Tournament, the Rapids match against Houston Dynamo on July 1st, and the annual Colorado Rapids and Commerce City 4thFest festival presented by Westerra Credit Union.
- Friday, June 30 – Tournament Check In
- Saturday, July 1 – Tournament and 4th Fest kick off | Colorado Rapids v. Houston Dynamo | Post-Game Firework Show presented by Transamerica Cup
- Sunday, July 2 – Youth Tournament Continues
- Monday, July 3 – Final Day of Tournament
- Tuesday, July 4 – 4th Fest celebration and Festival | Colorado Rapids v. Portland Timbers | Largest Public Firework Show in the State!
Required Completed Forms
- Every competitive team is required to provide two copies of a state sanctioned roster.
- All teams are required to bring two copies of an official guest roster.
- All teams are required to bring an official guest roster.
- All teams must supply to the tournament medical release forms for all players.
Field Locations & Information
Tournament Information Package will be provided upon acceptance to all teams participating in the tournament.
Address: 6000 Victory Way, Commerce City CO, 80022
Q: When does registration open and what is the registration deadline?
A: Registration is open beginning March 20, 2017. Applications and participating teams will be accepted on a rolling basis until tournament is filled.
Q: When will teams be notified if they are accepted?
A: Teams will be accepted on a rolling basis after April 15. All teams will be notified by May 25 of their application status.
Q: What is the tournament format and how many games are guaranteed?
A: Each team is guaranteed 4 games. The 8 team age divisions will be broken into 2 groups of 4. Each team will play a total of 3 group games July 1st and July 2nd and a placement game played on July 3rd.
Q: When is the team check in?
A: Out of state teams should plan to check in on the evening of June 30th. Local teams will have the option of checking in on the evening of June 30th or a minimum of 1 hour prior to their first match at Dicks Sporting Goods Park. Final check in instructions will be sent to accepted teams on June 15th.
Q: When will schedules be posted?
A: Schedules will be posted by June 15th.
Q: What is the point system for this tournament?
A: Teams will receive 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss. Tiebreakers can be found in the official tournament rules.