Hometown:Sao Paulo, Brazil
College: University of Denver
Birth date: June 11, 1997
Acquired: Rapids signed 2019 MLS SuperDraft Selection Andre Shinyashiki on January 15, 2019.
- Made MLS debut on 3/2 at DSGP during the infamous Snow Clasico 3 against the Portland Timbers.
- Scored the equalizer during his MLS debut after substituting in against the Portland Timbers (3/2) during the first match of the season. The goal was the winner for MLS Goal of the Week | Week 1.
- Made first ever MLS start on 3/23 at Toyota Stadium against FC Dallas.
- Scored the game-winning goal in the 82nd minute against the LA Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park to give the Rapids their first three-points of the 2019 season (5/19).
- Made 83 career appearances, starting 67 matches, scoring 51 goals and adding 15 assists - tied with Scott DeVoss and Sam Hamilton for the most appearances in Denver's Division I history. Set Denver’s career records in points (117), goals (51) and game-winning goals (19). Led a Denver senior class that entered the NCAA Tournament third in the country in wins (61-11-10) and second in the country in percentage of points earned at 78.5 percent.
- Became Denver’s record holder in single-season points (60), goals (28) and game-winning goals (11)
- In 2018, he was the Senior CLASS Award Winner, MAC Hermann Finalist, United Soccer Coaches' First Team All-America, Summit League Offensive Player of the Year.
- During his senior year he ranked first in the country in points per game (2.86), first in the country in total points (60), first in the country in goals per game (1.33), first in the country in total goals (28), 14th in the country in shot accuracy (.606), first in the country in game-winning goals (11), second in the country in shots per game (4.71) and first in the country in shots on goal per game (2.86).
- Had the fastest hat trick in Denver’s DI history on Aug. 24 against Monmouth and was the 15th fastest from first to third goals in NCAA DI history.
- In 2018, he tallied nine multi-goal matches, including the first five hat tricks of his career and a four goal game in the Summit League opener at Omaha
- No. 79 ranked player in the Class of 2015 according to College Soccer News
- On Top Drawer Soccer’s All-American Watch List
- Played his club soccer for Pequeninos do Jockey in 2013, winning the Gothia Cup and earning the Golden Boot
- His recent success with Montverde Academy includes being named the MAST MVP, earning All-Tournament Team honors and winning the Golden Boot.
- Helped lead Montverde to a 117 match unbeaten streak and national championships each of the last two years.
- Son of Roberto and Claudia Shinyashiki
- Has four siblings; Marina, Ricardo, Arthur, Leandro