Hometown: Accra, Ghana
Birth date: May 10, 1994
Acquired: Signed from Manchester City on January 24, 2017
- Adjei-Boateng is only the second Ghanaian to join Colorado, following Junior Agogo. Agogo made 32 appearances for the Rapids, between 2000 and 2001, netting 11 goals.
- Went 90 minutes in the home leg of the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League match with Toronto FC (2/20), but missed the second leg (2/27) as he pursued his Green Card.
- Was an unused sub for the season opener at New England Revolution (3/10).
- Made his MLS season debut in the home opener against Sporting Kansas City (3/24), replacing Johan Blomberg after 58 minutes.
- Played 80 minutes at Dallas (4/7) in what was his first start in MLS, before being replaced by Dillon Serna.
- Made his second start of the season in the 3-0 loss at Real Salt Lake (4/21), featuring as the right wing-back until the dismissal of Tim Howard, whereupon he moved more centrally.
- Started a third game of the season in the 2-1 home defeat by Orlando City SC (4/29). He was replaced by Micheal Azira in the 71st minute after a heavy collision. He then missed the trip to Sporting Kansas City (5/5) as he went through concussion protocol.
- Made his MLS debut in the 2-2 home draw with Minnesota United FC on March 18. He played the final eight minutes, having come on for Sam Cronin. He had been an unused substitute for the first two games of 2017.
- His first start came in the 3-1 loss at Sporting Kansas City (4/9), when he played 73 minutes before being replaced by Dillon Powers.
- Started his first game at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on April 15 versus Real Salt Lake, but limped off after 32 minutes with what turned out to be three fractured vertabrae. His last touch prior to his departure was his first assist in MLS, on a Kevin Doyle goal.
- Missed 10 games with a back injury (above), returning as a substitute in the 1-0 loss at Atlanta United FC (6/24).
- His first start since the lengthy spell on the sidelines came against Houston Dynamo (7/1), when he partnered Mohammed Saeid in the center of midfield.
- Failed to go 90 minutes in his first six starts, only to then go the distance in three of the last four when in from the opening whistle.
- Adjei-Boateng joined the Rapids after spending four seasons on loan from Manchester City at Norwegian club, Strømsgodset IF.
- During that time, the midfielder tallied 18 goals in 101 appearances across all competitions.
- Born in Accra, Ghana, Adjei-Boateng was initially a member of the Right to Dream Academy from 2010-11 before signing his first professional contract for European giants - Manchester City in 2011.
- Adjei-Boateng would arrive at Strømsgodset IF in 2012, making his debut on August 12.
- In his first full season with Strømsgodset IF, Adjei-Boateng scored a career-high seven goals in 17 appearances, while helping the Norwegian club to their first league title since 1970.
- During 2016, he had career-highs in games played (29), games started (25) and minutes logged (2,224).