Hometown: Livingston, Scotland
Birth date: December 27, 1991
Acquired: Rapids signed center back Danny Wilson to a three-year contract, with a club option for a fourth, from Rangers F.C. on January 29, 2018.
- Made 2019 debut on 3/2 at DSGP during the infamous Snow Clasico 3 against the Portland Timbers.
- Earned his first start of 2019 on 3/9 at CenturyLink Field against Seattle Sounders FC.
- Opened 2019 goal scoring account on 5/11 just after the half against Real Salt Lake at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park.
- On the bench for the home leg of the CONCACAF Champions League (2/20), before stepping out for his Rapids debut in leg two at BMO Field (2/27).
- Made his MLS debut on 3/10 in the Rapids season opener against the New England Revolution.
- Wilson appeared in 23 MLS games, 22 from the start, tallying one assist.
- Tallied an assist in the Rapids 3-2 win over Minnesota United FC (6/23).
- Missed six games throughout the season due to various injuries including an ankle injury (4/7-4/21), illness (8/11) and a back injury (10/13-10/28).
- In his first spell with Rangers, Wilson scored one goal in 24 appearances in a six month spell that saw him make his debut as a 17-year-old.
- He made his senior debut with Rangers on October 2009 against Dundee in the quarter-final match of the Scottish League Cup as a starter.
- On July 21, 2010, Wilson joined English Premier League side Liverpool FC, where he spent three years (2010-2013).
- Wilson made his debut with the Reds on September 22, 2010 against Northampton Town in the third round of the League Cup.
- The following year, he became a Football League Cup winner with Liverpool during the 2011-12 campaign.
- During his time at Anfield, he appeared in nine games, including five Europa League games.
- While with Liverpool, Wilson spent time on loan at Championship sides Blackpool and Bristol City, during the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.
- On January 18, 2013, he joined Scottish Premier League side Heart of Midlothian on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season.
- Wilson joined Hearts permanently on June 30, 2013 after his Liverpool contract was up in. Two days later, Hearts made Wilson club captain at the age of just 21.
- He captained Hearts to the Championship title in 2014/15 and scored against Rangers at Ibrox in the opening match of the season.
- Danny Wilson rejoined Rangers on June 22, 2015 on a three-year-deal.
- In combined stints with Rangers (2008-10, 2015-18), Wilson saw action in 109 games across all competitions, including a pair of UEFA Champions League games during the 2009-10 campaign.
- Wilson has represented the Scottish national team at U-17, U-19, U-21 and at full international level.
- He made his senior debut on November 16, 2010, and scored his first international goal in Scotland’s 3-0 win over the Faroe Islands at the age of 18 years, 10 months and 20 days.
- In all, he had five total caps for the Scottish senior side, including friendlies against Northern Ireland, Brazil, and Denmark.
- He played the full 90 minutes of a Euro 2012 qualifier in the Czech Republic, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
- Wilson came through the Rangers’ youth system from 2006-09 and captained the U-19 team.