Hometown: Edinburgh, Scotland
Birth date: January 20, 1995
Acquired: Signed from Minnesota United FC on May 1, 2018, in exchange for defender Eric Miller and $50,000 in GAM.
- Made 2019 debut against FC Dallas when he subbed on in the 81st minute for Nicolás Mezquida at Toyota Stadium (3/23).
- Assisted Jonathan Lewis' goal just before the half on 5/25 against Columbus Crew SC. His performance during that game landed him on the MLS Team of the Week - Week 13.
- Assisted Andre Shinyashiki's goal just before the half on 6/1 against FC Cincinnati at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park (6/1).
- Nicholson appeared in eight MLS games with Minnesota United FC, six from the start, scoring one goal and one assist.
- Scored his first goal of the year with MNUFC against the Chicago Fire (3/17), and delivered his first assist of the 2018 campaign at Seattle Sounders FC (4/22).
- Made his Colorado Rapids debut on 5/5 against Sporting Kansas City, four days after joining the club.
- Nicholson appeared in 19 MLS games with the Rapids, all from the start, scoring two goals and two assists.
- Was named Man of the Match on 5/12 for his performance against the New York Red Bulls.
- Scored his first goal for the Rapids on 7/4 during the 2-1 loss to Seattle at DSGP.
- Nicholson scored his second goal in the 90th minute of play against the LA Galaxy on 8/4.
- Missed the last seven games of the year (8/25-10/28) due to a stress fracture on his back.
- He would end the season with the most shots on goal (13) by any Rapids player.
- Made his MLS debut against New York Red Bulls (7/22).
- Scored his first MLS goal at Houston Dynamo (9/30) and provided his first assist at Atlanta United FC (10/3)
- He scored 13 goals in 109 appearances for Heart of Midlothian, in a four year spell, and made his debut at the age of 18.
- He made his senior debut with Hearts on August 2013 against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, replacing Jamie Walker in the 74th minute.
- On January 18, 2014, he scored his first senior goal, helping Hearts earn a point in a 3-3 draw against St. Johnstone.
- Nicolson had numerous call-ups to Scotland’s youth national teams and took part in the U21 squad’s European Championship qualification campaign.
- He came through the Heart of Midlothian youth system from 2007-13.