COMMERCE CITY, CO - After the two week World Cup break, the Colorado Rapids resume regular season play with an away game in Houston. Rapids will take on the Houston Dynamo this Saturday, June 26, 2010 at Robertson Stadium at 6:30pm.
Colorado entered the World Cup break with a 6-3-2 record (20 points), and are holding a steady position in third place in the Western Conference. Houston hangs onto a fifth place position with a 5-7-1 record (16 points).
MLSSoccer PREVIEW AND MATCHCENTER
- Colorado is coming out of the break with a four-game unbeaten streak, after an important header from Forward Conor Casey to earn a draw against Chicago on June 9.
- Houston entered the World Cup break with a three-game drought, but won two friendlies during the past two weeks.
- In league play, the Rapids are 3-2-1 on the road, with their last win being in DC on May 15.
- Houston are 4-3-0 at home this season
- Colorado's all-time record against Houston is 3-7-2
- This is the first match-up between Colorado and Houston for the 2010 season. The teams will meet again at Dicks Sporting Goods Park on August 28.
- The Rapids are currently second in MLS with only nine goals scored against this season. Only LA has been on scored on fewer times (4). Of the nine goals scored on Colorado, seven have come off set pieces: two penalty kicks; one direct freekick; three indirect freekicks; and one on a corner kick.
- In their last match, against Chicago, Omar Cummings ended his dry spell. Cummings started the season with two goals in two games, and did not score again until June 9.
- DID YOU KNOW: With 20 points after 10 games, the Rapids are off to their best start in league history.
INJURY REPORT: (as of June 21, 2010)
OUT: DEF Julien Baudet (R hamstring strain); MID Ciaran O'Brien (L hip sprain); FWD Ross Schunk (R ACL tear)
PROBABLE: DEF Kosuke Kimura (L ankle stress fracture)
OUT: MID Geoff Cameron (R knee)
DISCIPLINARY / INTERNATIONAL:
COL: None HOU: None
ON CAUTION WARNING
COL: Conor Casey, with four cautions, will be suspended for one game if he picks up a yellow card in any of the next two games in which he appears.
NATIONAL TEAM CALL-UPS
COL: None HOU: None
RAPIDS VS. HOUSTON HEAD-TO-HEAD:
Rapids all-time vs. Houston:
All-time - 3-7-2 and away, at Robertson Stadium - 0-4-1
Last two seasons’ meetings:
2009 - 1-1-0
2008 - 0-2-1
TEAM UNIFORM COLORS:
COL: Sky Blue /Sky Blue /Sky Blue HOU: Orance /White/Orange
English Television: The game will be televised exclusively on MLS DirectKick, and MLS MatchDay Live (MLSsoccer.com). The official away game viewing party will be at Oak Tavern -1414 Market StreetDenver, CO 80202
Colorado's next home match is on July 4th, don't forget to purchase tickets for the best firework show in Colorado, by clicking here!