Alberth Elis was involved in all four goals - although two were knocked in by the home side - leading the Houston Dynamo to a convincing 4-1 road win over Colorado Rapids on chilly Saturday night at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
The visitors wasted little time getting on the board, as Memo Rodriguez continued his fantastic start to the season with another goal after just four minutes. The Homegrown product took a ball in his own half and spun around his mark at midfield before dashing forward. He then led Elis and continued his run into the box, receiving Elis' pass between two defenders and hitting a first-time shot past Tim Howard for his fourth goal in four games.
Elis caused the Rapids' left side problems all half, and twice his advances led to own goals by Colorado defenders.
Howard deflected Elis near post shot at the quarter hour, but the ball bounced across the goal-mouth where center back Axel Sjöberg knocked it in ahead of Mauro Manotas. Twenty minutes later, Elis' cross from the right side got past Howard only to have defender Keegan Rosenberry deflected in to an open net.
Elis finally got his goal in the second half, shielding two defenders before touching a clever pass from Manotas past Howard.
Kei Kamara converted a penalty kick late in the game for Colorado's lone tally.
- 4' – HOU – Memo Rodriguez
- 15' – HOU – Axel Sjoberg (OG)
- 34' – HOU – Keegan Rosenberry (OG)
- 67' - HOU - Alberth Ellis
- 81' - COL - Kei Kamara (PK)
- THE BIG PICTURE: Houston continued the fine form they showed through three home games with a dominant road win, extending their unbeaten run to start the season to four games. Colorado's struggles continue as they remain winless through five. Perhaps more damaging, they've only taken two points through three home games.
- COL: Saturday, April 6 at Orlando (5:30 PM MT | MLS LIVE on ESPN+, DAZN in Canada)