Stadium Safety Measures & Protocols
Rapids games open to the public will be held at approximately 6% of stadium capacity (1,165 ticketed fans) in accordance with safety protocols developed in conjunction with the CDPHE. The stadium seating plan will adhere to proper social distancing guidelines, along with a number of other new safety measures, including but limited to:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in the venue, except when consuming food or beverage while seated.
- Enhanced venue sanitation protocols in accordance with CDC cleaning & disinfecting guidelines, including increased disinfectant wipe down cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the inside and outside of the venue.
- Podium-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at each gate entrance, at the top of each seating section aisle way and throughout the concourse to service high-traffic areas.
- No congregating will be permitted.
- No tailgating will be permitted.
- 100% digital ticketing via mobile device to decrease touch-point interactions with stadium event staff during ticket purchase and venue entry.
- 100% cashless stadium environment.
- Specific gate entry based on seating location.
- Closure of all concourse restaurant and lounge spaces where guests may inadvertently congregate and interact as larger groups.
- Extensive communication of updated health protocols and best practices via stadium and parking lot signage, in-game PA reads, jumbotron & LED visuals and social media blasts.
Venue Concessions & Restrooms
All ticketed guests will have access to individualized concession stand locations inside their individual Concourse Zone, which is based upon their seating “block” location. Concession stand lines will have a pre-determined maximum length and will include six-foot distance markers designating proper social distancing standards for guests waiting inside the queue lines. To limit line queuing, guests will be encouraged to avoid waiting until halftime to make purchases.
Guests will also have access to multiple restroom facility locations inside their individual Concourse Zone. Restrooms have been modified to abide by social distancing guidelines, including the installation of touch-less sinks, soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers, as well as eliminating the use of adjacent sink and urinal units that do not adhere to the six feet of social distancing guidelines.
Parking is free on-site (included with a ticket purchase) and offers a streamlined, touchless experience into the DSGP venue parking lots. DICK’S Sporting Goods Park will institute event security patrols in all surrounding venue parking lot locations to work with patrons to enforce a no tailgating policy.
Gate Entrance Process
All ticketed guests will enter via an entrance gate corresponding with their seating “block” location. The gate entrance screening process will include a low-touch bag check, touch-less electronic/mobile ticket scanning and a touch-less walk-through magnetometer scan. The recommended six-foot social distancing guidelines will be enforced throughout the gate screening process using event staff, new COVID-19 signage, new floor signage and public address announcements. Entrance queue lines will be spaced seven-to-10 feet apart from each other at each gate entrance location, will be clearly visible using a standard entrance crowd barricade and will include individually marked queue line markings at 6-foot intervals.
To adhere to CDC social distancing requirements, all tickets will be sold in “blocks” of two, four or six seats. These seats will be sold together side-by-side with the expectation that fans will be attending games in these “blocks” with family members they have been sheltering with and/or with trusted acquaintances (cohort groups).
All seating section “blocks” will have at minimum six feet of social distance between the next “block” in all directions. DICK’S Sporting Goods Park will take all measures available within CDPHE guidelines to ensure that fans making their way through seating section aisle ways do not linger and follow all social distancing and face mask protocols.