On Thursday, MLS revealed the potential matchdays for the 2013 MLS Cup Playoffs.
With 2014 World Cup qualifying still going on around the globe, the league will observe the international date that falls on the third weekend of November. And as was the case in 2012, there will be an extended break between the second leg of the Conference Finals and MLS Cup, which also coincides with the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States.
In short, there is plenty of time for players to get rest as they prepare for the biggest matches of the season.
Here are the dates for the playoffs:
- Knockout Games: Oct. 30-31 (Wed.-Thurs.)
- Conference Semifinals, Leg 1: Nov. 2-3 (Sat.-Sun.)
- Conference Semifinals, Leg 2: Nov. 6-7 (Wed.-Thurs.)
- Conference Finals, Leg 1: Nov. 9-10 (Sat.-Sun.)
- Conference Finals, Leg 2: Nov. 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.)
- MLS Cup: Dec. 7 (Sat.)
The Colorado Rapids could clinch a berth in the Playoffs this weekend by defeating Vancouver on Saturday and having the LA Galaxy beat San Jose on Sunday. Tickets for potential playoff games are already on sale.