Online voting for the 2021 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target opened Wednesday to fans, media and players. This is the first time in the public portion of the MLS All-Stars rosters will be determined by a combination of fans, media and players. Voting ends 11:59 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday, July 21.
New MLS All-Star ballot
League staff reviewed performance metrics from the current 2021 season to categorize players in the positions where they are most utilized. For the first time ever, fans, media and players will be asked to pick a lineup of players. All-Star nominees can be selected in seven specific positions: goalkeeper, right back, center back, left back, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder, and forward/winger.
Over 400 players are on the ballot in 2021. In previous years, media selected the top eight nominees from each club. The voting in 2021 allows voters more options to pick the best lineup.
New MLS All-Star Voting Process
26 players will be selected for the All-Star Game on August 25, 2021, at Banc of California Stadium in Los Angeles, CA - ticket info
- 12 players determined by a combined vote of fan, media and players
- 12 players selected by All-Star Head Coach Bob Bradley (LAFC)
- 2 players selected by MLS Commissioner Don Garber
- The full roster will be announced in August
Selecting the 12th player via voting:
- Players, fans and reporters will cast their votes for 11 players. The top player in each position from the combined vote will be named an All-Star.
- The twelfth player honored will be the one with the next-highest amount of votes overall (fans, media and players)
Eight days of voting
Fans can vote on on MLSsoccer.com or the MLS app.
- Voting starts: July 14 - Noon ET
- Voting ends: July 21 - 11:59 PM PT / 2:59 AM ET (July 22)
- Fans may vote once per day
- VOTE NOW