William Yarbrough, Keegan Rosenberry, Danny Wilson, Auston Trusty, Sam Vines, Michael Barrios, Cole Bassett, Kellyn Acosta, Diego Rubio, Jonathan Lewis
Bench: Clint Irwin, Drew Moor, Lalas Abubakar, Nico Benezet, Jeremy Kelly, Nico Mezquida, Kortne Ford, Collen Warner, Braian Galván
Player Availability Report:
Out – Jack Price (injury)
Out – Younes Namli (injury)
HAPPY TO BE HOME
The Rapids have scored 10 goals in four home games in 2021. Their 2.5 goals per game at home are the most in MLS. Additionally, the Burgundy Boys have scored in 28 consecutive MLS matches at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park, the longest active home scoring streak in MLS. The Rapids have scored 61 goals and outscored their opponents by 17 in that time. Colorado has scored three goals in three consecutive victories at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park. The Rapids are 13-6-4 (W-L-D) all-time on Independence Day.
DEAD BALL, LOOK ALIVE
On June 23 at Sporting KC, D Keegan Rosenberry scored his second goal of the season when he redirected the rebound from D Lalas Abubakar’s header off the crossbar. The corner-kick goal was Colorado’s fifth goal of the season off a set piece. The Rapids have scored 33 set-piece goals since the beginning of 2019, by far the most in MLS (D.C. trails with 24).
F Diego Rubio leads MLS with eight goals off set pieces since joining the Rapids in 2019.
The Rapids scored on two free kicks the last time they played Seattle. In November 2020, Rosenberry hit an MLS Goal of the Week-winning volley off a corner kick before M Cole Bassett scored his fifth goal of the season off a free kick delivery from captain Jack Price to start a three-game winning streak and clinch a playoff berth.
F Andre Shinyashiki has three goals in just 178 minutes across three career appearances against Sounders FC, the most goals he has scored against any opponent in MLS. Shinyashiki scored a brace in September 2019, rifling the eventual game-winner over Sounders GK Stefan Frei from close range after F Jonathan Lewis cut it back from the byline. Then in November 2020, the Brazilian opened the scoring with a header off D Sam Vines’ cross as the Rapids won, 3-1. Shinyashiki’s three goals are tied for the most by any Rapids player against Seattle (F Deshorn Brown, D Drew Moor).
M Cole Bassett’s next appearance will be his 50th in MLS. The 19-year-old from Littleton, Colo., can become the fourth Rapids Academy product to reach 50 MLS appearances with Colorado. Bassett’s 10 goals and eight career assists are both the most by a Rapids Homegrown.
NOTES & MILESTONES
- M Kellyn Acosta, F Jonathan Lewis and D Sam Vines were named to the 23-player U.S. Men’s National Team roster for the upcoming Concacaf Gold Cup. Colorado is tied with Atlanta for the most players on the USMNT Gold Cup roster.
- The Rapids have won both of their last two meetings with Sounders FC. Colorado is one of just three teams (MTL, SKC) to win both its most recent matchups against Seattle and the only one of those teams to defeat Sounders FC in 2020.
- The Rapids are the only team in MLS not to allow a goal in the final 15 minutes of matches this season.
- D Jeremy Kelly is available for selection to make his 2021 MLS debut after being recalled from his loan to Phoenix Rising FC in the USL Championship. The 23-year-old recorded one assist in two starts among eight appearances for Colorado in 2020.
- D Lalas Abubakar’s next start will be the 70th of his MLS career. The 26-year-old Ghanaian has three goals in 73 career
- D Keegan Rosenberry’s next start will be his 60th in MLS with Colorado. The 27-year-old has four goals and six assists since joining the Rapids in 2019, including two goals and one assist this season. Rosenberry’s next goal or assist will give him four goals contributed in 2021, which would match a career-high set three times (2g, 2a in 2016; 1g 3a in 2018 and 2019).