Hometown: Wrightwood, California
Birthdate: October 22, 1996
Previous club: Chivas USA
Acquired: Drafted by Colorado in the Chivas USA dispersal draft, Nov. 19, 2014.
- Made only his second career start in MLS (3/11) in the 1-0 loss at New York Red Bulls.
- Scored his first MLS goal in the 2-1 loss at Philadelphia Union (5/20), only to then receive the first red card of his MLS career for two bookable offenses.
- Sat out the 1-0 home win over Sporting Kansas City (5/27) due to suspension.
- Got his first assist in MLS, contributing to the Alan Gordon winner against Portland Timbers (6/17).
- Loaned out to USL affiliate Charlotte Independence on 3/18.
- He was recalled by the Rapids after impressing in Charlotte, netting six goals and two assists in 21 appearances (20 starts).
- Finally made his MLS debut on August 26 in the 2-1 defeat at Real Salt Lake, entering after 61 minutes at Rio Tinto Stadium for Dominique Badji. Calvert was aged 19 years, 10 months and five days.
- Calvert's first appearance in MLS had been a long time coming, having initially signed a Homegrown contract with Chivas USA on July 5, 2013 when aged 16 years and eight months.
- His first start in MLS came at Portland on October 16. He played 67 minutes, before being replaced by Dominique Badji. He had previously made seven substitute appearances for a total of 98 minutes.
- The youngest player on the Rapids’ roster in 2015, Caleb Calvert was the only outfield player not to feature for the first team, having arrived from Chivas USA in November 2014 as part of the Dispersal Draft.
- He spent much of the year on loan at USL affiliate Charlotte Independence, where he played in 20 of the team’s 28 games.
- Though he started just two games for the Independence, Calvert did net two goals and two assists.
- His first goal was decisive, and enough to secure a 1-0 win at FC Montreal (8/26). His second strike came in the 3-1 loss at Charleston Battery on the final day of the regular season (9/19).
- Memorable moments there were, but also one to forget, when he was sent off - having come on as a substitute - in the 2-1 loss at Saint Louis FC on 4th July.
- A Southern California native, he was signed by Chivas USA to a homegrown player contract on July 5, 2013.
- Youngest player ever signed by Chivas USA - 16 years, eight months.
- Made his professional debut in Chivas’ 2013 season-ending exhibition match against FC Tucson.
- In the 2012/2013 U.S. Soccer Development Academy regular season, Calvert was the nation's leading scorer with 22 goals, earning him U-15/16 National Player of the Year honors.