Hometown: St. Louis, MO
College: Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
Birth date: February 14, 1991
Acquired: Selected by the Colorado Rapids with the 35th overall selection (second round) of the 2014 MLS SuperDraft. Signed to a contract on February 12.
- On the bench for the 2-1 home loss by Real Salt Lake (4/15). This was his first appearance in the 18 since September 3, 2016.
- Berner made the 18 for the Rapids just once in 2016, for the 2-0 loss at New England Revolution on September 3, but swiftly returned to goalkeeping duties at USL affiliate Charlotte Indpendence, where he spent most of the year.
- With Charlotte Independence, Berner made 20 appearances and enjoyed a 0.96 Goals Against Average.
- Second-year pro Berner did not add to his MLS minutes in 2015, spending much of the season on loan at the USL affiliate Charlotte Independence, where he made 17 appearances and kept four shutouts.
- His season was interrupted at the end of May, when he sustained facial injuries following a collision during a US Open Cup match.
- Berner returned in mid-August, in the middle of a 12-game unbeaten run, but could not prevent the Independence from narrowly missing out on the playoffs in their inaugural season.
- The goalkeeper's only appearance in the Rapids' matchday squad came at Philadelphia Union on the opening day (3/7).
- Started five games (1-1-3) in his rookie MLS season with Colorado.
- Played goalkeeper at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville from 2010-2013.
- Was named Missouri Valley Conference Goalkeeper of the Year two years and also earned First Team All-MVC honors in 2012.
- Selected first team All-State as a captain in his senior season at St. Mary’s High School, where he earned varsity letters in baseball and hockey.