Hometown: Plantation, Florida
Birth date: June 4, 1997
Acquired: Acquired via a trade with NYCFC on May 7, 2019.
- Lewis made six appearances with New York City FC, two from the start, adding one assists across 214 minutes.
- Made his Colorado Rapids debut on 5/11 at DSGP against Real Salt Lake.
- Was named to the MLS Team of the Week (Week 12) for his performance against LA Galaxy on 5/19.
- Opened Rapids account on 5/25 off of a Crew SC miscue.
- Jonathan Lewis’ sophomore season saw the young attacker make 14 appearances across 219 minutes, scoring one goal and assisting three times on the way to his second taste of the MLS Cup Playoffs.
- The winger spent time on loan under John Hackworth at USL side Louisville City FC in the fall.
- NYCFC’s first pick in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft came on strong in the second half of the season, appearing in a total of 11 matches and contributing two goals and an assist.
INTERNATIONAL (5 Caps/0 Goals)
- Lewis was called in to Gregg Berhalter’s 2019 January camp roster. He came off the bench to make his first two USMNT appearances and contributed a pair of assists in substitute appearances against Panama and Costa Rica.
- Named to final roster for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Played 65 minutes from the start during the United States' 1-0 win against Panama in the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Group Stage.
- The Florida native was a member of the US U-20 squad and helped that team win the 2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship.
- Named Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year after recording two goals and 12 assists at the University of Akron in 2016.