Hometown: Fort Collins, Colorado
College: Creighton University
Birth date: May 30, 1995
Acquired: Signed to a Homegrown contract on January 6, 2017
- Rookie season, having signed a professional contract as a Homegrown player.
- Named in the 18 for the first time in his MLS career for the 1-0 loss at New York Red Bulls (3/11). Did not play.
- Sent on loan to Colorado Springs Switchbacks on April 29. That same day he scored for the Switchbacks in their 3-2 home loss to Seattle Sounders FC 2.
- In his final season at Creighton, Perez earned 2016 BIG EAST Midfielder of the Year honors after helping the Bluejays to a 13-7-3 overall record.
- Registering four goals and five assists in all 23 contests, Perez was also selected to the All-BIG EAST First Team and the Top Drawer Soccer Postseason Top 100.
- As a junior, Perez received 2015 BIG EAST All-Tournament Team and NSCAA All-Great Lakes Region Second Team honors after finishing third on the team in goals (6), including a tally in the Bluejays’ NCAA Tournament Quarterfinal match at Akron.
- Perez finished his collegiate career with 15 goals and nine assists in 88 games - the third-most matches played in program history.
- The midfielder joined the Rapids Academy in 2008 at the U-14 level and played with the Rapids U-16 team in each of his first four seasons.
- Perez then moved up to play with the U-18 squad in his final two seasons.
- He was a part of the Rapids U-18’s which finished in sixth place at the 2012 U.S. Soccer Development Academy Finals. That season he scored 10 goals.
- Played on a U.S. Club Soccer National Finalist squad in 2009 after winning a Regional Championship along the way.
- Earlier in his career he participated in a pair of U.S. U-14 team camps and played on a Colorado State Cup State Championship team.
- Son of Roberto Perez and Veronica Carrillo, he has one brother, Roberto.
- Brother played professional soccer in Tamaulipas, Mexico, as a goalkeeper for Altamira FC.
- Graduated in December, 2016 with a degree in business intelligence and analytics.