The schedule for the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs has arrived.
This year will mark the debut of a new format following the close of regular season play with Decision Day presented by AT&T on Sunday, Oct. 6. The top seven teams from each conference will qualify for postseason play, with the higher seeds enjoying homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and the top seeds in each conference earning a bye in Round One. The biggest change, of course, is that this year's postseason will feature single-elimination matches throughout, instead of the two-leg series that preceded MLS Cup in past seasons.
Six Round One games will take place on Oct. 19 and Oct. 20, with the four Eastern and Western Conference Semifinal games set for Wednesday, Oct. 23 and Thursday, Oct. 24. Two games will be played on each of the match dates, and four teams, two from each conference, will advance.
The Conference Finals will take place on consecutive nights, Tuesday, Oct. 29 and Wednesday, Oct. 30, with each of the Conference Champions advancing to 2019 MLS Cup on Sunday, Nov. 10. For the first time in league history, MLS Cup will air domestically in the U.S. on both the ABC Television Network and Univision Network, and in Canada on TSN and TVA Sports.
Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule
Round One (6 games)
- Sat, Oct. 19 - Two Games - Times TBD - Univision/TUDN
- Sun, Oct. 20 - Four Games - Times TBD - Two games on FS1/FOX Deportes, one game on ESPN/ESPN Deportes, one game on ESPN2/ESPN Deportes
Conference Semifinals (4 games)
- Wed, Oct. 23 - Two Games - Times TBD - FS1/FOX Deportes
- Thu, Oct. 24 - Two Games - Times TBD - ESPN / ESPN Deportes, ESPN2/ESPN Deportes
Conference Finals (2 games)
- Tue, Oct. 29 - One Game - Times TBD
- Wed, Oct. 30 - One Game - Times TBD
2019 MLS Cup
- Sun, Nov. 10 - 3:00 PM ET - ABC, Univision/TUDN, TSN, TVA Sports
All dates and times subject to change. Canadian and international broadcast information to be announced at a later date.