William Yarbrough, Keegan Rosenberry, Danny Wilson, Auston Trusty, Lalas Abubakar, Lucas Esteves, Jack Price (C), Kellyn Acosta, Andre Shinyashiki, Michael Barrios, Mark-Anthony Kaye
Bench: Clint Irwin, Jonathan Lewis, Dominique Badji, Diego Rubio, Nico Mezquida, Younes Namli, Collen Warner, Steven Beitashour, Braian Galván
Player Availability Report:
Saturday’s match will be Robin Fraser’s 50th regular season match as Rapids head coach. In just over two years, Fraser has solidified himself as one of the best coaches in club history. Colorado’s 25-12-12 (W-L-D) record marks the best 49-game start by a Rapids coach in the post-shootout era. Since Fraser’s first match on Aug. 31, 2019, the Rapids’…
- 25 wins
- 87 points
- 82 goals scored, 61 goals conceded and +21 differential
- and 16 clean sheets
…are all the best through 49 games in the post-shootout era in club history. Fraser’s 25 wins, 87 points and 16 clean sheets will be the most in club history in a head coach’s first 50 games regardless of Saturday’s result.
Colorado has been among the best in MLS since Fraser took over. The Rapids’ 87 points are third-most in MLS across each club’s last 49 games, just four behind New England, and their 82 goals scored are tied for fifth-most in that time.
FUNNY THE WAY IT IS
Robin Fraser’s 50th game as Rapids head coach comes against Toronto FC, where he left as an assistant to join Colorado in August 2019. The Rapids are 6-1-1 (W-L-D) all-time at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park against Toronto and have held the Reds scoreless in their last four visits. Toronto snapped a three-game Rapids winning streak to hand Fraser his first loss as Rapids head coach in the last meeting between these teams on Sept. 19, 2019. The Reds are coming off an impressive 2-1 win against Nashville but are at the bottom of MLS with 18 points.
Several of this year’s Colorado Rapids spent time in Toronto, including Fraser, Drew Moor, Steven Beitashour and Clint Irwin, who were all a part of Toronto’s 2017 treble-winning side. Collen Warner spent parts of two seasons with Toronto in 2014 and 2015. Mark-Anthony Kaye played in the Toronto FC Academy.
PRICE IS RIGHT
Jack Price served up his ninth assist of the season in Sunday’s 1-1 draw against Vancouver, finding Danny Wilson for the opening goal on a corner kick. Price’s nine assists are tied for third in MLS and mark his highest single-season total since he had 11 in 2019. It was Colorado’s eighth goal off a corner kick this season and the 10th off a set piece, tied for second-most in MLS. Price has assists in consecutive games for the second time this season. Price’s next assist will be his 30th in MLS with Colorado, passing Ross Paule for sole possession of third on the club’s all-time list.
GOALKEEPER OF THE YEAR?
William Yarbrough is tied for second in MLS with nine clean sheets. Yarbrough’s 75.76 save percentage is the second-highest in MLS among goalkeepers with at least 10 games played. His 76 saves are the fourth-most in MLS. Colorado’s 24 goals conceded are tied for the second-fewest in MLS. The Rapids have the highest team save percentage at 76.7 percent.
NOTES & MILESTONES
- Colorado is third in MLS with 15 shots off the woodwork. Cole Bassett leads MLS with seven, while Michael Barrios is tied for fourth with four.
- The Rapids’ next win will be their 13th of the season, the most since the club won 15 matches in 2016
- Mark-Anthony Kaye makes the 80th start of his MLS career. It is his ninth with Colorado, tying his 2021 total while with Los Angeles FC.
- Danny Wilson makes his 23rd appearance of the season, tying a single-season Rapids career high set in 2018, his first season with the club. Wilson is 33 minutes from tying his career high (1,935) set in 2018. His two goals and one assist this season are both career highs.
- Michael Barrios has two assists in five career matches against Toronto.
- Jack Price scored his first Rapids goal in his only meeting against Toronto in April 2018.
- Keegan Rosenberry has a goal and an assist in six matches against Toronto.
- Diego Rubio has one assist in two career meetings against Toronto.