Drew Moor, Auston Trusty, Lalas Abubakar, Andre Shinyashiki, Diego Rubio, Nicolás Mezquida, William Yarbrough (C), Cole Bassett, Collen Warner, Steven Beitashour, Lucas Esteves
Bench: Clint Irwin, Danny Wilson, Jonathan Lewis, Dominique Badji, Michael Barrios, Mark-Anthony Kaye, Jeremy Kelly, Jack Price, Braian Galván
Player Availability Report:
Out - Kellyn Acosta (Injury)
Out - Younes Namli (Injury)
Out - Keegan Rosenberry (Injury)
William Yarbrough earned his 12th clean sheet of the season on Saturday, which is second-most in MLS. Yarbrough’s four-save performance raised his total to 93 this season, tied for fifth-most in MLS, while his 76.03 save percentage is third-best in MLS (among goalkeepers with at least 20 games played). A 13th clean sheet would extend his own individual single-season club record, as well as tie the club’s single-season record set in 2016, when Tim Howard and Zac MacMath combined for 13 shutouts.
MOUNTAIN ROADS, TAKE ME HOME
The Rapids can clinch a top-four seed and home field advantage in the first round of the Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs with a win or draw at New England on Wednesday. Colorado will also earn a top-four seed regardless of the result in Foxborough if Portland Timbers lose or draw against San Jose, or if LA Galaxy loses or draws against Sporting KC.
Colorado clinched a second playoff berth in two full seasons under head coach Robin Fraser with a 2-0 win over Portland Timbers on Saturday at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park. It was the third consecutive playoff-clinching clean sheet victory over Portland, after the Rapids clinched postseason play in 2020 with a 1-0 win at Providence Park and in 2016 in Colorado, also 1-0.
TWICE AS NICE
Dominique Badji scored his third goal since rejoining the club in July and his second in as many games on Saturday against Portland. The Boston University product became the third Rapids player to score in consecutive games in 2021, joining Cole Bassett and Michael Barrios, who has done it twice. It was the first time Badji scored in consecutive matches since March 2018. Saturday also marked Badji’s 100th appearance in Burgundy. Badji’s .66 goals per 90 minutes this season are the highest of his career.
Braian Galván became the third Rapids player with two assists in a single game this season, joining Barrios (May 15 vs Houston) and Jack Price (Sept. 29 vs Austin). He was named to the Week 32 MLS Best XI, his second Team of the Week selection of the year. He and Auston Trusty gave Colorado two players on the Team of the Week.
THE RAPIDS ARE COMING!
- Diego Rubio has three goals in four career appearances against New England, his highest total against any Eastern Conference opponent. His next assist will be his sixth of the season, tying an MLS career high.
- Lalas Abubakar has one goal in two career matches against New England.
- Dominique Badji has a goal and an assist in six career meetings against New England.
- Michael Barrios has two goals in five career meetings against the Revs. He scored in his most recent match against New England on Opening Day 2019 while with FC Dallas.
- Jonathan Lewis has one goal in just 20 minutes across two career appearances against New England.
- Mark-Anthony Kaye and Revs Tajon Buchanan are teammates on the Canada national team.
- Kellyn Acosta and Revs Matt Turner are teammates on the U.S. national team. They are two of four players with at least 10 USMNT starts in 2021 (Sebastian Lletget, Miles Robinson). Acosta leads all USMNT players with 18 appearances this year, the most by any player in one calendar year since Michael Bradley, DeAndre Yedlin and Gyasi Zardes earned 18+ caps in 2015.
NOTES & MILESTONES
- Drew Moor’s next appearance will be his 200th with the club. He will become the second player to reach the milestone (Pablo Mastroeni, 225). His next start will be the 370th of his MLS career; he will be the sixth outfield player in league history to reach the milestone.
- Cole Bassett’s next appearance will be his 70th in MLS. His next goal will be his fifth of the year, tying a career high set in 2020.
- Mark-Anthony Kaye’s next appearance will be his 90th in MLS.
- Jonathan Lewis’ next appearance will be his 90th in MLS. His next goal will be his sixth of 2021 and set a new career high.
- Lalas Abubakar’s next start will be his 60th with Colorado.
- Andre Shinyashiki’s next start will be his 18th of the season and his next assist will be his third of the season, which would tie his single-season career highs.