By the numbers: here are 10 stats from the Colorado Rapids' 1-0 win over Real Salt Lake at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on Sunday night.
1.Joshua Gatt has two goals in MLS, and both have come against Real Salt Lake. The Rapids’ all-time leading scorers against RSL are Conor Casey and Omar Cummings. They have three goals each against the team from Utah, though from seven and 14 games respectively.
2. By scoring in the third minute, Gatt netted the Rapids’ quickest goal of the season, beating Kortne Ford’s 11th-minute header against Sporting Kansas City on May 27.
3. This was the Rapids’ first shutout at home in 11 attempts, since defeating Sporting KC 1-0 on May 27.
4. With his back-heel pass for the Gatt goal, Alan Gordon has moved on to four assists for the season. Gordon, whose MLS career stretches back to 2004, has only twice tallied more assists in a season, when bagging seven in 2008 and 2012.
5. The last time that the Rapids won their last home game of the regular season came in 2013, when they defeated Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3-2.
6. With this victory the Rapids ended a run of three defeats in a row to RSL. The last success over their Rocky Mountain rivals was a 1-0 win at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on May 7, 2016.
7. The Rapids managed just two shots, which is the fewest in a game this season. RSL had 30 shots, which is their highest total in a game this season.
8. Sunday’s visitors had seven shots on target, all of which were saved by Tim Howard. His seven saves to keep Real Salt Lake at bay equals his season high, from games at New York Red Bulls and Atlanta United FC.
9. The Rapids’ only shot on target was the difference between the teams at the final whistle, and handed Nick Rimando his 150th career loss.
10. Success came despite the Rapids managing just 28 per cent possession, and being forced to make 48 clearances to RSL’s nine.