By the numbers: here are 10 stats from the Colorado Rapids' 3-1 win over Houston Dynamo at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on Saturday night.
1. Colorado has lost just one of its last 14 regular season meetings against Houston (8-1-5). The Rapids have outscored the Dynamo 25-14 over that time.
2. The Dynamo are now winless in 11 consecutive MLS regular season away matches (0-7-4), dating back to October 12, 2016. They have only won twice in their last 34 road games in the regular season (2-22-10).
3. For the first time this season the Rapids failed to secure a single corner kick. In contrast, the Dynamo had 10. This was the second most corners conceded by the Rapids in 2017. They faced 11 at Atlanta United FC.
4. The Rapids were averaging 14 fouls per game heading into the Houston contest. On Saturday, they committed just five fouls - the lowest number of infringements this season.
5.Dominique Badji’s three assists takes him to five overall for the season. He had managed a total of four in the previous two seasons in MLS.
6. Irish international Kevin Doyle was involved in all three goals on Saturday, scoring one and assisting on the other two. It was his first multi-assist game in MLS, and he now has many assists in 2017 as the previous two seasons combined.
7. To complete the hat-trick of firsts, man-of-the-match Marlon Hairston bagged his maiden brace in MLS. Also, his three shots were all on target.
8. Defender Dennis Castillo made successive starts in MLS for the first time, having also featured at Atlanta United FC the previous weekend.
9.Tim Howard made six saves against Houston. He has made six saves or more in three of his 12 appearances, with two of those displays coming in the last two MLS games.
10. Houston out-shot the Rapids 13-9, with more of their shots on target (7-5), but for the second time this season, the Rapids scored more than two goals – something they only managed three times in 2016.