Hometown: Newport Beach, CA
Birth date: December 15, 1994
Acquired: Colorado Rapids acquired forward Jack McBean from LA Galaxy on December 14, 2017 in exchange for a conditional fourth round selection in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft.
- McBean played in 18 matches with LA Galaxy in 2017, where he tallied two goals and one assist. His two goals both came against the Colorado Rapids in a 3-1 win for the Galaxy at Dick's Sporting Goods Park (6/21).
- The goals scored in 2017 were his first since netting for the Galaxy in a 1-1 home tie with Chivas USA on March 17, 2013.
- He played more minutes (715), played more games (18), and enjoyed more starts (8) than in any of his previous six seasons.
- After an electric start with LA Galaxy II in 2016 that saw him score 15 goals in 17 games, Jack McBean was re-signed to a first team contract with LA Galaxy on June 22.
- McBean played in two matches, including one start against Colorado Rapids on June 22, before he was loaned to EFL League One side Coventry City on Aug. 19 through the end of the Galaxy’s season.
- After being injured in 2014, McBean made 21 starts in 26 appearances for LA Galaxy II in a full 2015 season spent with the club.
- McBean was loaned to LA Galaxy II in USL for a majority of the year, where he helped the club to a USL Playoff Semifinal appearance as one of the leading strikers on the team.
- He scored his second career league goal against Chivas USA (3/17), and later added two assists during a string of five straight starts in MLS.
- In CONCACAF Champions League play, McBean netted the opening goal and subsequently recorded two assists in the Galaxy’s victory against C.S. Cartaginés.
- After the end of the season, McBean went on a two-week training stint to England with League One side Wolverhampton Wanderers and Football League Championship club Blackburn Rovers.
- McBean made one appearance in MLS this season, but finished as the club’s leading goal scorer in the CONCACAF Champions League, tallying three goals in two appearances.
- Additionally, he was also the team’s leading scorer with the LA Galaxy’s reserve team, where he collected five goals and one assist in the total of eight games that he played.
- Joined the Galaxy in January as the club’s first Homegrown player since Tristan Bowen in 2008.
- He made his debut in the 18 man squad on 7/20 against Columbus, but he did not come on in that game.
- He made his first team debut four days later when he played the second half of the friendly against Manchester City as part of the Herbalife World Football Challenge.
- He made his MLS debut in the regular season finale against Houston, playing the full 90 minutes up front in that game to become the youngest player in club history ever to start and play in a game.
- He scored LA’s only goal in the 89th minute of that debut to become, at 16 years and 312 days old, the youngest player in club history to score a goal by more than two years.
- In addition, McBean led the Galaxy with four assists in the Reserve League, appearing in five game while making four starts.
- A member of the USA’s 2011 U-17 World Cup squad that competed in Mexico, after having competed in the 2011 U-17 CONCACAF tournament.
- McBean starred for the Galaxy Academy’s U-16 team before being selected for the U.S. Under-17 Residency Program in Bradenton, Fla.
- Prior to joining the Galaxy Academy, McBean helped the 94 Region IV Regional Team win a National Championship in December 2009.