Hometown: Lund, Sweden
Birth date: June 14, 1987
Acquired: November 21, 2017 – Rapids acquire Swedish midfielder Johan Blomberg from AIK Fotboll.
- Was an unused substitute for the home leg of the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League match with Toronto FC (2/20).
- Made his Rapids debut with a start in the second leg (2/27), playing 66 minutes before being replaced by Edgar Castillo.
- Played 90 minutes in the league opener, at New England Revolution (3/10). His cross found the head of Niki Jackson for the equalizing goal, and Blomberg's first assist in MLS.
- Started and played 58 minutes of the home opener against Sporting Kansas City (3/24), before being replaced by Nana Boateng.
- Tallied his second MLS assist in the 3-0 win over Philadelphia Union (3/31), going 90 minutes in that and the games at FC Dallas (4/7), home to Toronto FC (4/14), and at Real Salt Lake (4/21).
- Missed games against Orlando City SC (4/39) and Sporting Kansas City (5/5) due to injury.
- Blomberg becomes the Rapids’ first offseason signing when he joined the club on November 21 from AIK Fotboll of Sweden’s top flight division.
- Prior to signing with the Rapids, Blomberg had spent his entire professional career in his home country, tallying 28 goals and 39 assists for Ängelholms FF, Halmstads BK, and AIK.
- In 2015, Blomberg moved to Swedish giants AIK Fotboll, guiding the club to consecutive runner-up finishes in 2016-17. During his three-year stint with the club, Blomberg made 108 appearances in all competitions, while scoring ten times and adding 22 assists.
- Blomberg had three goals and six assists in 28 league appearances for AIK in Sweden’s top flight division, while also appearing in five Europa League qualifiers.
- Following the 2011 campaign, Blomberg signed for Halmstads BK, where he would notch two goals and five assists in 29 appearances, helping the club earn promotion to the nation’s top-tier division. He went on to appear in 100 matches for HBK, tallying 14 goals and 14 assists in three seasons.
- Blomberg made his debut for Ängelholms FF on May 17, 2009, playing the final eight minutes of a 3-1 loss against Qviding in Sweden’s second division. Blomberg would go on to make nine appearances in his rookie season.