2022-23 Academy Season
Colorado Rapids Academy teams will be formed for the 2022-23 season through a variety of evaluation methods. We will evaluate players using scouting of games, invitational training sessions and player evaluation sessions.
2022-23 Age Eligibility
- U13 – born on or after January 1, 2010
- U14 – born on or after January 1, 2009
- U15 – born on or after January 1, 2008
- U17 – born on or after January 1, 2006
*Players should plan for tryouts by the year they were born, not the label on the age group.
2022-23 Evaluation Opportunities
• U13 and U14 — We will evaluate players born in 2010 or later at Colorado Rapids Academy ID Sessions. We will also invite prospective players to Academy training sessions as appropriate. Current U13 (2010) and U14 (2009) players in other MLS NEXT Academy programs (Real Colorado) are not eligible to participate in evaluation sessions without prior communication with the players current club.
• U15 and U17 — We will invite prospective players to June training sessions as appropriate. Current U15 (2008) and U17 players in other MLS NEXT Academy programs (Real Colorado) are not eligible to participate in training sessions without prior approval from the players current club. The final evaluation opportunity for this age group will be at the Colorado Rapids Academy ID sessions.
Players born outside of the United States of America aged between 10 to 18 years of age must abide by FIFA international transfer regulations so we are not accepting international tryout applications.Players from outside the Colorado Rapids Homegrown Territory (States of Colorado and New Mexico) are subject to MLS homegrown territory restrictions.
Please note Colorado Rapids Academy is committed to acting in a professional and respectful manner in the player identification process. We will make all reasonable efforts to communicate with the players current club to ensure all appropriate steps have been taken prior to player trials or transfers. Please see link below for further details on player identification guidelines.