Thank you for your interest in the Colorado Rapids Academy. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the 2022 - 2023 Rapids Academy Interest Form and for expressing your interest in receiving updates on evaluation opportunities for the 2010 – 2007 Colorado Rapids Academy teams. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Andrew Butler (CC’d), as he is our Manager, Academy Talent ID & Recruitment.
We have finalized player evaluation dates for the boys 2010 – 2007 age groups. Please note following:
Please see schedule below:
- All sessions will take place at Dicks Sporting Goods Park on Pod 4 (Fields 19, 21 & 23) (see picture below)
- Players are required to RSVP so we can plan sessions accordingly – please confirm your attendance by providing your information here: 2023 Rapids ID Event
- Please know that if you are traveling from out of state, all travels expenses are expected to be taken care of by the player/family. The club will not provide an assistance with paying for travel or stay during the event.
- Session Schedule as follows:
Friday, June 23rd 5.00 – 6.45 pm (Registration is from 4.00 – 5.00 pm)
Saturday, June 24th 9.30 – 10.45 am & 1.00 – 2.30 pm
Players identified as potential Academy prospects at the evaluation sessions listed above will be invited to join Academy training sessions dates TBD.
MLS NEXT Players
Players currently registered with MLS NEXT clubs will require written permission from their club to participate in the June evaluation opportunities.
Out of State Players
Players from outside the Colorado Rapids Homegrown Territory (States of Colorado and New Mexico) are subject to MLS homegrown territory restrictions. Colorado Rapids Academy does operate a homestay program that affords us a limited capacity to house players from out of market. The competition for these homestay placements is extremely competitive and players competing for these spots are expected to be top performers in the Academy setting.
Players ages 10 to 18 must abide by FIFA international transfer regulations so we are not accepting international tryout applications for players Under 18.
DICK'S Sporting Goods Park: 6000 VICTORY WAY COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
2022-23 Academy Season
Colorado Rapids Academy teams will be formed for the 2022-23 season through a variety of evaluation methods. We will evaluate players using scouting of games, invitational training sessions and player evaluation sessions.
2022-23 Age Eligibility
- U13 – born on or after January 1, 2010
- U14 – born on or after January 1, 2009
- U15 – born on or after January 1, 2008
- U17 – born on or after January 1, 2006
*Players should plan for tryouts by the year they were born, not the label on the age group.
If you would like to be added to our database for an evaluation please fill out our 2022-23 tryout interest form.
2022-23 Evaluation Opportunities
• U13 and U14 — We will evaluate players born in 2010 or later at Colorado Rapids Academy ID Sessions. We will also invite prospective players to Academy training sessions as appropriate. Current U13 (2010) and U14 (2009) players in other MLS NEXT Academy programs (Real Colorado) are not eligible to participate in evaluation sessions without prior communication with the players current club.
• U15 and U17 — We will invite prospective players to June training sessions as appropriate. Current U15 (2008) and U17 players in other MLS NEXT Academy programs (Real Colorado) are not eligible to participate in training sessions without prior approval from the players current club. The final evaluation opportunity for this age group will be at the Colorado Rapids Academy ID sessions.
Players born outside of the United States of America aged between 10 to 18 years of age must abide by FIFA international transfer regulations so we are not accepting international tryout applications.Players from outside the Colorado Rapids Homegrown Territory (States of Colorado and New Mexico) are subject to MLS homegrown territory restrictions.
Please note Colorado Rapids Academy is committed to acting in a professional and respectful manner in the player identification process. We will make all reasonable efforts to communicate with the players current club to ensure all appropriate steps have been taken prior to player trials or transfers. Please see link below for further details on player identification guidelines.