The Colorado Rapids are on a roll.
Riding an unbeaten streak, Colorado kept the good times going against Supporters' Shield-leading LAFC, winning 1-0 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Friday night.
The Rapids' lone goal came on a corner kick, as Danny Wilson rose tallest on a corner kick to head home in the 49th minute, not long before the match was delayed due to lightning in the area. The delay lasted more than an hour.
It was all the Rapids would need, holding on for a shutout victory. They largely kept Carlos Vela quiet, who had scored in 12 of his first 16 MLS games this season, including each of his last six.
LAFC, already without Mark-Anthony Kaye, Walker Zimmerman and Tyler Miller, opted to rest Eduard Atuesta and Christian Ramirez.
- 49' – COL – Danny Wilson | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: The Rapids keep on keepin' on. Under interim coach Conor Casey, Colorado are now unbeaten in seven games, with five wins. This comes after the club waited until their 12th game for their first win.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Check out the goal that earned the Rapids all three points.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Anchoring the midfield to a clean sheet against high-flying LAFC and scoring the winning goal in the process? Man of the match for you, Danny Wilson.
- COL: Thursday, July 4 vs New England Revolution (7:30 PM MT | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US, DAZN in Canada)