Hometown: Memphis, Tennessee
College: Grand Canyon University
Birth date: August 25, 1995
Acquired: Rapids signed 2018 MLS SuperDraft Selection Niki Jackson to a one year contract, with three additional option years for the club on February 20, 2018.
- Made 2019 debut against Seattle Sounders FC when he subbed on in the 85th minute for Nicolás Mezquida at CenturyLink Field (3/9).
- Selected by the Rapids in the fourth round of the 2018 MLS SuperDraft.
- Named in the gameday 18 for the first time for the first leg of CONCACAF Champions League against Toronto FC (2/20). He was an unused substitute.
- Appeared in 15 MLS games, one from the start, scoring three goals.
- Scored one minute into his MLS debut after substituting in against New England (3/24) during the first match of the season.
- Sent on loan to Colorado Springs Switchbacks of the USL (4/21). Appeared in four games, three from the start with Switchbacks FC.
- Notched his second goal of the season on the road against the LA Galaxy on 8/14.
- Scored his third goal of his rookie campaign against Minnesota United FC on 10/13.
- The 6’1” striker had a record-breaking season in his junior year at Grand Canyon University as he scored a total of 16 goals, ranking third in the nation.
- During his Junior year, he was named the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) Offensive Player of the Year and earned NSCAA First Team All-West Region honors.
- Overall, he finished with 34 points (goals plus assists) in 2016, tying for fourth in the country.
- Jackson also made GCU history by becoming the second player to represent GCU as a MLS SuperDraft pick. His teammate, Amer Sasivarevic was selected in the third round (57th overall) by FC Dallas, also in the 2018 SuperDraft.
- The Memphis, Tennessee native was developed through Real Salt Lake Academy (2013), Phoenix Academy (2011), and West Coast FC Academy (2009-10) where he helped lead West Coast FC to the semifinals at the Nike Manchester United Cup in 2010.
- Between 2007-2013, Jackson received additional training with the TetraBrazil Soccer Academy starting with the U-12 squad.