By the numbers: here are 10 stats from the Colorado Rapids' 2-1 win over Portland Timbers at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Saturday night.
1. For the first time since the 2005 season, the Colorado Rapids have now come from behind in successive league games to win. The last time they achieved this was at Chivas USA on September 24, 2005, and then home to Real Salt Lake on October 1.
2. The last time the Rapids came from behind to win successive home games was season 2004. They went a goal down to then named Dallas Burn and Kansas City Wizards, on September 4 and 9, but hit back to triumph in both.
3. Alan Gordon has now scored 14 of his 54 regular season goals on or after the 80th minute.
4. The MLS veteran is certainly proving himself to be effective and efficient. In the last two league games, Gordon has played a combined total of 18 minutes. In that time he has scored two goals, from two attempts on target. Both goals have been match winners.
5. Micheal Azira has seen every minute of league action this season. His appearance against the Timbers took him over 5,000 career minutes in what was his 70th appearance in MLS.
6. Midfielder Dillon Serna played the last 38 minutes of the game against Portland. This was his first MLS appearance since May 13, and the most time he has spent on the field for a league game since May 28, 2016.
7. Axel Sjöberg returned to the center of defense on Saturday. Injury has restricted him to just four of the team’s 14 league games. He now sits on 49 career appearances in MLS.
8. For the first time in 30 starts, Jared Watts was substituted out of a game. He was replaced after 52 minutes by Dillon Serna.
9. The Rapids had 13 shots in the game against Portland, of which five were on target. That double-digit total has only been bettered once this season, when they posted 15 shots in the 1-0 home loss to Vancouver Whitecaps FC on May 5.
10. Kortne Ford seems to grow with every game. Against an experienced and challenging Timbers he did not lose one single tackle. He enjoyed five clearances, three recoveries, three interceptions, two tackles, and one defensive block.