2018-19 Development Academy Season
Teams will be formed for the 2018-19 season through a variety of evaluation methods. We will evaluate players using scouting of games, scouting of Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club tryouts and through invitational training sessions.
2018-19 Age Eligibility—US Soccer Development Academy
- U12 – born on or after January 1, 2007
- U13 – born on or after January 1, 2006
- U14 – born on or after January 1, 2005
- U15 – born on or after January 1, 2004
- U17 – born on or after January 1, 2002
- U19 – born on or after January 1, 2000
*Players should plan for tryouts by the year they were born, not the label on the age group.
If you would like to be added to our database for an evaluation please fill out our 2018-19 Tryout Interest Form.
There will be a parent information meeting on Monday, May 21 at 6:15 PM for those interested in learning more about the Rapids Development Academy. This meeting will be held inside eighteen76 at the south end of DICK'S Sporting Goods Park. Parents of players born in 2004 and after are welcome to attend.
2018-19 Evaluation Opportunities
- U12, U13 and U14 — We will evaluate players born in 2004 or later at the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club tryouts held May 29-31. We will also invite prospective players to training sessions before and after the CRYSC tryout dates as appropriate. Current U12 (2006) and U13 (2005) players in other Development Academy programs (Rush and Real) as well as players from clubs who have been selected to participate in the U12, U13 and U14 DA local league (Pride, Storm, FC Boulder and Arsenal) are not eligible to participate in evaluation sessions until May 21. For current U14 DA players (2004) they are eligible to participate in evaluation sessions as of May 1.
- U15, U17 and U19 — We will invite prospective players to June training sessions as appropriate. Current U15 (2003), U17 and U19 players in other Development Academy programs (Rush and Real) are not eligible to participate in the June training sessions and may not have on field evaluations until after July 1. The final evaluation opportunity for this age group will be at the Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club high school tryouts in July 16-18. CRYSC tryout information can be found here.
*Please note that outside players may not participate in training sessions with our Development Academy or Youth Soccer Club teams during the current competitive season without the permission of their home club.
Players interested in joining the Rapids Development Academy teams should fill out our 2018-19 Tryout Interest Form to be added to our Tryout Information database.
Players from outside the Colorado Rapids Homegrown Territory (States of Colorado and New Mexico) are subject to MLS homegrown territory restrictions.
Also, please note that players ages 10 to 18 must abide by FIFA international transfer regulations so we are not accepting international tryout applications.